CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Just popping in for a minute. My SIL is having surgery tomorrow and I'm taking him to the surgical center. Thought I'd better dig up more of the yard today.

I let the big feed I have out in the yard go completely empty, so I could wash it out and let it dry over night. I went out and you would have thought every bird in the yard was starving. Even the penned birds got excited when I was filling it. So I went to grab waterers from the rabbit cages and when I was walking back to the hose something caught my eye. Birds were all over the place and moving eachother around. But one was a bird that wasn't out there yesterday. MY SPPR! I have no idea where she's been hiding. I put a CL ad out to find her, but she's been out there the whole time. Where I have no idea. I kept an eye on here all the way up until I had to go into the dog run and when I came out she is MIA again. But she's here! I am so relieved. She looks a little thin compared to the others, so maybe she had just been sneaking out to eat and had been chased off, or she just decided today was the day to join the flock, but she spent a lot of time at the feeder and waterer and walked through the tub I have out that they can drink from or cool off in. She looks fine otherwise. So happy she's back.

OK, I'm off to grab a hoe and shovel and dig out this poor excuse for lawn.

Tell your SIL good luck
fl.gif
- all will go well!

Woot! Contrats on finding the SPPR!!

I can't believe this happened. I am going to copy what I wrote a friend since I have typed this over and over already. Last night we came home from dinner and our Sebastopool goose was in a corner, bloody and almost dead. We then noticed Abby's favorite chicken Red Wagon was missing. Our property is double fenced but the neighbors dog got thew the bottom. There is a pile of Red Wagons feathers on our side of the fence so you can see the chicken was on our property when killed and taken back to its house. I went over to talk to the neighbor and she has two dogs. One is chained and one runs free. In the middle of where the dogs are kept were HUNDREDS of Red Wagons feathers. I have pictures and even took some of the feathers in case I ever had to prove it was her. Long story short I told the neighbor what happened but she kept saying "I can't help it! Dogs just kill chickens! You can't prove that's yours anyway." All I wanted (at first) was her to chain up her dog and apologize but that didn't happen. She refuses to chain up her dog. I called animal control and filed a report. The other neighbor had a similar issue with the same dogs a few years ago (her dog was chasing his sheep) and the lady wouldn't do anything about it. Animal control has a report of that as well. I took Sebastian to the vet this morning and he has a broken wing. He needs to stay in the house for 14 days because the dog chewed his wings raw and they are worried about infection. He also has to take medication three times a day. He will be ok but he will never be able to be shown. We bought this goose from a breeder with intention of showing him but that can't happen now. I didn't know people can be so heartless. :( RIP Red Wagon The dog that killed Red Wagon and hurt Sebastian (see all the feathers) On the way to the vet What a brave boy He has to wear this for 14 days. He has to stay clean and dry so he is living in our master bathroom. I ordered a goose diaper to make things a bit easier.

I can't believe this happened. I am going to copy what I wrote a friend since I have typed this over and over already.
Last night we came home from dinner and our Sebastopool goose was in a corner, bloody and almost dead. We then noticed Abby's favorite chicken Red Wagon was missing. Our property is double fenced but the neighbors dog got thew the bottom. There is a pile of Red Wagons feathers on our side of the fence so you can see the chicken was on our property when killed and taken back to its house.
I went over to talk to the neighbor and she has two dogs. One is chained and one runs free. In the middle of where the dogs are kept were HUNDREDS of Red Wagons feathers. I have pictures and even took some of the feathers in case I ever had to prove it was her.
Long story short I told the neighbor what happened but she kept saying "I can't help it! Dogs just kill chickens! You can't prove that's yours anyway."
All I wanted (at first) was her to chain up her dog and apologize but that didn't happen. She refuses to chain up her dog.

I called animal control and filed a report. The other neighbor had a similar issue with the same dogs a few years ago (her dog was chasing his sheep) and the lady wouldn't do anything about it. Animal control has a report of that as well.

I took Sebastian to the vet this morning and he has a broken wing. He needs to stay in the house for 14 days because the dog chewed his wings raw and they are worried about infection. He also has to take medication three times a day. He will be ok but he will never be able to be shown. We bought this goose from a breeder with intention of showing him but that can't happen now.

I didn't know people can be so heartless.
sad.png

RIP Red Wagon

The dog that killed Red Wagon and hurt Sebastian (see all the feathers)

On the way to the vet

What a brave boy

He has to wear this for 14 days. He has to stay clean and dry so he is living in our master bathroom. I ordered a goose diaper to make things a bit easier.
hugs.gif
I am so sorry!

Not a good neighbor!

Your chicken was worth more than money, but you could take her to small claims court.

Ron

What is wrong with people? I have yet to be able to even find the Pitt that attack me and my dog. What got me was they were all over ME for licenses. I have them, but geez, she was on leash and hooked up to the porch before our walk. Some people shouldn't own animals if they can't control them. I'm so sorry for you, your girls and the birds. Does that person own anything other than the dogs??

I can't believe this happened. I am going to copy what I wrote a friend since I have typed this over and over already.
Last night we came home from dinner and our Sebastopool goose was in a corner, bloody and almost dead. We then noticed Abby's favorite chicken Red Wagon was missing. Our property is double fenced but the neighbors dog got thew the bottom. There is a pile of Red Wagons feathers on our side of the fence so you can see the chicken was on our property when killed and taken back to its house.
I went over to talk to the neighbor and she has two dogs. One is chained and one runs free. In the middle of where the dogs are kept were HUNDREDS of Red Wagons feathers. I have pictures and even took some of the feathers in case I ever had to prove it was her.
Long story short I told the neighbor what happened but she kept saying "I can't help it! Dogs just kill chickens! You can't prove that's yours anyway."
All I wanted (at first) was her to chain up her dog and apologize but that didn't happen. She refuses to chain up her dog.
I called animal control and filed a report. The other neighbor had a similar issue with the same dogs a few years ago (her dog was chasing his sheep) and the lady wouldn't do anything about it. Animal control has a report of that as well.
I took Sebastian to the vet this morning and he has a broken wing. He needs to stay in the house for 14 days because the dog chewed his wings raw and they are worried about infection. He also has to take medication three times a day. He will be ok but he will never be able to be shown. We bought this goose from a breeder with intention of showing him but that can't happen now.
I didn't know people can be so heartless.
sad.png

RIP Red Wagon

On the way to the vet

What a brave boy
Such a sad story and so frustrating. I like Ron's idea of small claims court. Maybe you could at least recover the vet costs for your poor goose, and/or force the neighbor to confine the dog. Even the suggestion of court may prompt some action.

Unfortunate to have such an irresponsible and inconsiderate neighbor. So sorry for you. Best wishes for Sebastian's recovery.

I'm sure your report states that the dog attacked on your property and carried off the oor bird. You really need to take the idiot to court. I saw upset your daughter was when she thought I was going to take her other bird away, I bet this is just really upsetting her.

I'm sure your report states that the dog attacked on your property and carried off the oor bird. You really need to take the idiot to court. I saw upset your daughter was when she thought I was going to take her other bird away, I bet this is just really upsetting her.

My kids don't understand why people are so mean. We prayed for them.
It's been quite the learning experience for the girls.

Back
Top Bottom