CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Long, terrible day.

I lost all of my phone contacts, so for those of you that have my number and want me to have your's, can you please send me a text and just add your name to it. OH, first and last. You'd be surprised how many one the same names were in my contacts.

Got picked for Jury Duty, this week and at least next week.
th.gif
Had my truck broken into where the jury parks and my phone had already been broken, so couldn't call for help. Split my head open before all of that. More, but I think we all know how Kim's life goes.

OH, if you don't have a cell phone to text from you can send me a pm.

Nite
Oh Kim! You poor thing. You probably need a really huge hug by now!
hugs.gif

On a lighter note...

My peachicks are here, my peachicks are here!!!
They arrived safe and sound in just 26 hours. They came from New Mexico. They have been eating and drinking like mad so they are doing exactly as they should be doing. They look like fluffy white doves except for their little bumps where the crests are already starting to come in. Well not really like doves since they have long skinny necks and the eyes are very different (more like a chicken's eye) but they are very cute and seemed to love it when I held them and scratched their heads and stroked their necks for a bit. Very sweet for just meeting me.

Long, terrible day.

I lost all of my phone contacts, so for those of you that have my number and want me to have your's, can you please send me a text and just add your name to it. OH, first and last. You'd be surprised how many one the same names were in my contacts.

th.gif
Had my truck broken into where the jury parks and my phone had already been broken, so couldn't call for help. Split my head open before all of that. More, but I think we all know how Kim's life goes.

Nite
What a awful day for you! So sorry. I always find a dose of bunny petting makes me feel better.
bun.gif
Heard that bad things come in threes, so hoping things will be much better for you tomorrow!
hugs.gif

Oh Kim! You poor thing. You probably need a really huge hug by now!
hugs.gif

On a lighter note...

My peachicks are here, my peachicks are here!!!
They arrived safe and sound in just 26 hours. They came from New Mexico. They have been eating and drinking like mad so they are doing exactly as they should be doing. They look like fluffy white doves except for their little bumps where the crests are already starting to come in. Well not really like doves since they have long skinny necks and the eyes are very different (more like a chicken's eye) but they are very cute and seemed to love it when I held them and scratched their heads and stroked their necks for a bit. Very sweet for just meeting me.
How exciting! Congrats! Hope you can post some pics of them. Did you ever find the cable for your camera?

Long, terrible day.

th.gif

Nite
oh ouch sorry about that

there has been discussion on the Australorp thread about some mysterious Black Australorp Breeders hiding in California:

.they told us that during the heyday of the egg laying championships when australorp were setting record after record for egg laying, somone with deep pockets in USA imported all of those birds one by one..so the bloodlines were here and for a time america was proud to have them, the majority of that stock went to california..I know there is some very good stock out there, some went to north east USA mass was a stronghold..sometime later they dissappeared..dispersed out into lord knows where, one of the birds I have came from the mass flock..actually 2..there are still some in calif , those breeders are quiet and busy so you dont see of hear from them much but occasionally you do see them..a man in south Pa had some, I think tiger creek birds have that look but maybe they can tell us a little more about theirs

Does anyone her know where they are hiding?

Ron

there has been discussion on the Australorp thread about some mysterious Black Australorp Breeders hiding in California:

.they told us that during the heyday of the egg laying championships when australorp were setting record after record for egg laying, somone with deep pockets in USA imported all of those birds one by one..so the bloodlines were here and for a time america was proud to have them, the majority of that stock went to california..I know there is some very good stock out there, some went to north east USA mass was a stronghold..sometime later they dissappeared..dispersed out into lord knows where, one of the birds I have came from the mass flock..actually 2..there are still some in calif , those breeders are quiet and busy so you dont see of hear from them much but occasionally you do see them..a man in south Pa had some, I think tiger creek birds have that look but maybe they can tell us a little more about theirs

Does anyone her know where they are hiding?

Ron

hey Ron, can you provide a link to the australorp thread, i can't seem to find it!
maybe i'm just slow this morning,
laura

Just got my auction check. I took Lunch and Dinner to sell.

Drum roll........................................................

$1.25each.

My check?

$1.74!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

When you concider I sold 30 and made $40, I guess this is actually more profit Ha ha

How come nothing I want ever sells that cheap? Wish I had pics of them. The were beautiful Gold Laced Bantam Cochins. If they hadn't crowed at me they'd still be here and I'd still be looking for eggs. How observate huh? hehe

How exciting! Congrats! Hope you can post some pics of them. Did you ever find the cable for your camera?
No but I went and got a card reader that will read an SD or compact flash card. I will have to get pics and see if they will upload to BYC. The last pics I got, down loaded to my computer fine with the card reader but then I couldn't get them to post on BYC. That could just be my terrible connection speed up here but I tried in town too where the connection was great and it didn't work there either.

BYC may have been experiencing too many hits or something. When I tried to upload them it said "just a moment" then froze. I tried 3 times waiting up to 15 mins the last time but got that message again, then nothing.

I'll try again tomorrow and see if the problem is fixed. They are so cute and I'm really dying to show you all pics of them. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Just got my auction check. I took Lunch and Dinner to sell.

Drum roll........................................................

$1.25each.

My check?

$1.74!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

When you concider I sold 30 and made $40, I guess this is actually more profit Ha ha

How come nothing I want ever sells that cheap? Wish I had pics of them. The were beautiful Gold Laced Bantam Cochins. If they hadn't crowed at me they'd still be here and I'd still be looking for eggs. How observate huh? hehe
I hate to admit this but that is better than I did the last time I tried to sell roos. I had some white crested black polish and I took them to a swap to sell. Not only did I not sell even one but I had to pay a $5 donation to the folks running it to have them take them off my hands.
roll.png

Selling Roos is the worst part of chicken keeping! Some I can sell right away and others sit on Craigslist forever with no interest.

I find it odd that I can sell my EE cockerels much quicker then my breeding quality Polish Roos! Luckily I sold two today!

Selling Roos is the worst part of chicken keeping! Some I can sell right away and others sit on Craigslist forever with no interest.
I find it odd that I can sell my EE cockerels much quicker then my breeding quality Polish Roos! Luckily I sold two today!
Yea! Maybe it's because of the egg color combinations you can make with the EE roos?

Back
Top Bottom