CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Paige meeting Lilli

So how are Lilli and Sebastian doing together? I know, I know, you have a facebook page for them, but I am still resisting facebook. It is getting tougher though, as more and more of my chicken friends are on there. Are folks on this thread active on facebook?

Alot of BYCers are on facebook Dyann but, I too, am trying to resist going on regularly. I DO NOT want to spend even more time with my big B _ _ _ _ inthis chair sitting at this computer.............LOL

So how are Lilli and Sebastian doing together? I know, I know, you have a facebook page for them, but I am still resisting facebook. It is getting tougher though, as more and more of my chicken friends are on there. Are folks on this thread active on facebook?

No facebook for me! This is my only computer activity, and it's already taking up way too much time! Hubby calls it "chicken chat."
lol.png

UncleTommy I have one more day of Olympics and then I won't be glued to the TV. My set has been on 24/7 since the Opening Ceremonies and I've tended animals, gone to jury duty and somewjat tended kids. LOL I've gone to the grocery once and I do keep u with dishes. Other than that, I'm vegetating in front of the television. The breeder near you have chicks and grown birds and chick prices are awesome, so if you are coming this way I think I'll contact them and find out what they have available.

FB was just not my thing. I still don't really like it, but when I broke my wrist in February I started to use it. I had the account for over 2 years, but never even opened it up after I signed up. Now I visit a lot more often. Good thing too since I lost all my contacts. I don't have them all back and some I may never get back, but I have some new ones now through my FB contacts. They just changed my page to Timeline about a week ago and I don't like it, but oh well. Didn't like it much before either. Mybe I'm just a negative grouch. Nah! LOL

SUNNY! It that green T from here? If it's the one I'm thinking of I absolutely love that car! I've only had one and several Vetts so I like the 2 seaters. What I'd like to find is an Austin Healy. When I was in junior high, my cousin and his friend lived with us when they got back from Vietnam. The friend had a red one. They'd let me sit up in the back and we'd drive all over Oakland and Berkeley. I tell ya, when a pretty girl was een I found that squeezing down behind those seats was really uncomfortable. LOL Yeah we need a chicken group to attend next year! Oh, how many bikes?????? Bill and I were going to ride the bike up the summer he died and I would have loved to go see all the old bikes. There's a bike run there too pretty soon, isn't there?

Sarah, you have to keep us updated her too. Keep those pics coming!

Kim I completely understand you not wanting to put off things that you really want to do! I really think you are teaching us all to quit putting off the good stuff for a day that may not ever come! We will commit to next year and plan it ahead of time so you don't miss it again. You can't do everything all at once.

OK today we went to one of the big Show and Shines that is held in downtown Reno and OMG! There were some beautiful machines out today!!!!! We have been here for over 7 years now and I attended a few Hot August Nights even before we moved here and I thought I'd seen most everything but today I saw an old T-bird convertible (I do have a weakness for the classic convertibles and especially T-birds) that seriously made my heart flutter... big time! I have never been drawn to a 2 seater cause I like going out with friends and can't picture myself in a 2 seater but... I'm in love! I can't help it! Never felt more than nostalgia and a deep appreciation for cars before this one! It is just like this one here http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...l&id=B47CF04DD2728E575787BE4AD6574877860177B9 but it is in a soft pale green instead. Not a minty green, just a nice soft green with just a hint of smoke and a super high gloss. AAAAHHHH!
love.gif

My MIL had a 56 TBird. We got to take it to my senior prom and then when we got married we went from the church to the reception sitting up on the back while the best man and maid of honor drove us! LOVED that car! I had a BMW Z3, loved driving that thing, hardly ever had the top up. It was totaled in the car accident that totaled my back. I sure miss it.

I use Photoshop, but you could use something like Paint Shop Pro. You have a Mac? iPhoto maybe?

I change the image size to 1024x whatever the other number defaults to from 40000. This make the file size a lot smaller--like 400k instead of 4 mb. I them save it as a jpg and let it compress at 8. You can compress lower, maybe 6. This will make a file that will upload faster. If I do not do this, even with fast Internet, it takes a long time to upload.

Sunny, you probably have Satellite or dial up? Both of those have terribly slow upload speeds.

Bye,

Ron

Well I never compress below an 8. Affects the picture quality too much but I did resize them and saved the copies as a much smaller jpeg as I explained in the above post. I use Photoshop as well. We are on Verizon and, although our signal is not very strong from the house here (even with a repeater), we get great reception in town. Yet I was still unable to upload to BYC from town. I did consider the satellite services offered up here but they are expensive (must purchase their equipment which is $400 or rent it for a ridiculous amount) and the reviews were terrible. High cost, terrible service? It was a no brainer to avoid that route.

So anyway, even though I saved the photos at a lower res (8 instead of 10) and a much smaller file size (way below what I used to upload all the time with no problems) the system still keeps freezing when I try to upload. I have tried so many times now that I've lost count. Sooooo frustrating!!!
he.gif

Sunny, email me the photos and I'll try to post them.

I've had several convertables. The T I had was a 57 and I also had a 57 Vett. Matter of fact I've had several 57's of different kinds.

My first convertable was a mess. I was 17 and my srepdad was a gambler. He would buy cars for stake money from people who didn't have money to bet. So I get this 63 or 64 Cutless F??? and the roof was in shreds. O mean just horrible. But they car itself was ok. Grey with red leather interieor and the insde was dirty, but cleaned up great. So my best friend and I are standing there watching him talk with the keys and I really want to drive. He pulls it u in the curb and we learned to change the oil. The we tuned it. It was dark before we got done and I was told I could only drive around the block. HUH??? So we did and the roof kept flapping. We drove nack to the house and ran to the corner store and I bought rolls of electrical tape. We waited until no one was around and taped the whole dang roof! Ugly, but in one piece and I had it booted when I drove it. Even in the rain. LOL

I miss all of my cars. I think even with all the ones I owned though, my 56 Caddie with the wide white walls was my favorite. My stepdad kept driving the Olds and got hundreds of dollars in parking tickets on it. When I almost got arrested for tickets I told him to sell it and pay them off. He sold my Caddie instead.

My MIL had a 56 TBird. We got to take it to my senior prom and then when we got married we went from the church to the reception sitting up on the back while the best man and maid of honor drove us! LOVED that car! I had a BMW Z3, loved driving that thing, hardly ever had the top up. It was totaled in the car accident that totaled my back. I sure miss it.
Sorry about your car, but even more about your back.

Hi Sunny,

Yes, I do not compress lower than 8. One thing I forgot and that you can do with Photoshop is change the DPI to as low as 90. Computer screens don't show more than that and it makes it hard for people that steal your pictures to print them. You should be able to get a nice viewable image down to 50k or so...

Ron
Good to know. I have avoided posting saleable pics for just that reason.
Alot of BYCers are on facebook Dyann but, I too, am trying to resist going on regularly. I DO NOT want to spend even more time with my big B _ _ _ _ inthis chair sitting at this computer.............LOL
yuckyuck.gif

UncleTommy I have one more day of Olympics and then I won't be glued to the TV. My set has been on 24/7 since the Opening Ceremonies and I've tended animals, gone to jury duty and somewjat tended kids. LOL I've gone to the grocery once and I do keep u with dishes. Other than that, I'm vegetating in front of the television. The breeder near you have chicks and grown birds and chick prices are awesome, so if you are coming this way I think I'll contact them and find out what they have available.

FB was just not my thing. I still don't really like it, but when I broke my wrist in February I started to use it. I had the account for over 2 years, but never even opened it up after I signed up. Now I visit a lot more often. Good thing too since I lost all my contacts. I don't have them all back and some I may never get back, but I have some new ones now through my FB contacts. They just changed my page to Timeline about a week ago and I don't like it, but oh well. Didn't like it much before either. Mybe I'm just a negative grouch. Nah! LOL

SUNNY! It that green T from here? If it's the one I'm thinking of I absolutely love that car! I've only had one and several Vetts so I like the 2 seaters. What I'd like to find is an Austin Healy. When I was in junior high, my cousin and his friend lived with us when they got back from Vietnam. The friend had a red one. They'd let me sit up in the back and we'd drive all over Oakland and Berkeley. I tell ya, when a pretty girl was een I found that squeezing down behind those seats was really uncomfortable. LOL Yeah we need a chicken group to attend next year! Oh, how many bikes?????? Bill and I were going to ride the bike up the summer he died and I would have loved to go see all the old bikes. There's a bike run there too pretty soon, isn't there?
It had a CA plate but the owners weren't around so we couldn't ask anything about the car. That car really made my heart go pitter patter and that just doesn't really happen to me. Well if it's a car I owned that had great memories I get pretty excited but this car... *sigh*

Yeah Street Vibrations is coming up the week of Sept. 19th. It is a huge event (No colors allowed anymore) and there are events in Reno, Sparks and Virginia City the whole 4 days. The bikes and bikers are treated like royalty during this event. There are some very beautiful and very cool bikes to be seen everywhere you go in town. Maybe you can make it up for this event. Here's a link http://www.road-shows.com/street_vibrations.php
Oh man that sounds like a cool way to arrive at your reception!!! So sorry you lost your Z3. :(
Sunny, email me the photos and I'll try to post them.
Wow that is awesome Pam! Thank you sooo much! I will do that the next time I head into town. My connection speed is too weak to attach files from home. Thanks!!!
I've had several convertables. The T I had was a 57 and I also had a 57 Vett. Matter of fact I've had several 57's of different kinds.

My first convertable was a mess. I was 17 and my srepdad was a gambler. He would buy cars for stake money from people who didn't have money to bet. So I get this 63 or 64 Cutless F??? and the roof was in shreds. O mean just horrible. But they car itself was ok. Grey with red leather interieor and the insde was dirty, but cleaned up great. So my best friend and I are standing there watching him talk with the keys and I really want to drive. He pulls it u in the curb and we learned to change the oil. The we tuned it. It was dark before we got done and I was told I could only drive around the block. HUH??? So we did and the roof kept flapping. We drove nack to the house and ran to the corner store and I bought rolls of electrical tape. We waited until no one was around and taped the whole dang roof! Ugly, but in one piece and I had it booted when I drove it. Even in the rain. LOL

I miss all of my cars. I think even with all the ones I owned though, my 56 Caddie with the wide white walls was my favorite. My stepdad kept driving the Olds and got hundreds of dollars in parking tickets on it. When I almost got arrested for tickets I told him to sell it and pay them off. He sold my Caddie instead.
Bummer! Well you've had a lot nicer cars than I've had cause I miss very few of the cars I've owned.

Cute car Deb!

Back
Top Bottom