CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I am so upset! I have been told by TWO different animal control officers that they WOULD catch the dog that killed our chicken and hurt Sebastian. The 1st officer even said without any problem that dog will be marked as "dangerous" and removed from the property. I called to follow up and a supervisor and they just told me they have no plans to remove the dog. They aren't even going to follow up that the other dog is chained to a tree stump with no shade because basically they are too busy! According to the report both dogs are not licensed or have shots. I can't believe I have mislead by AC officers for this long. How would they like to be chained to a stump in 105 degree weather with no shade!
On a brighter note the "love birds" are amazing! I love watching them walk around the yard together. I really want babies
It's illegal in Calif. to leave a dog tied up all day. Call the police and report it. Report it every other day till they do something. If still no results contact a news station near you.

old.gif

New report they just did.

Eatting 3 or more eggs a week can be as damaging as smoking cigarrettes, to your arteries.

Are you kinding me????

I guess I'm pushing it. I don't egg 3 plain eggs a week, but cook with them and yepppppp, I smoke.

In 50 years they'll say "oops! Ya should have been smoking, drinking and eatting 5 eggs a day. Sorry bout that."

OK I'm kidding and not trying to promote smoking a drinkin
frow.gif
Mods! LOl I'm just saying, we go through this kind of thing all the time. It's good, it's bad, it's good.

I think it's time to do a civil suit. I wouldn't bother with sending a letter to them. I'd sue for vet bills and the loss of your hen. These people aren't going to do the "right" thing. Having dogs that kill livestock and don't have shots and are tied with no shelter to trees isn't "the right thing." Looks like animal control is sleeping on the job.

I am working with a friend who happens to be an attorney about this incedent. We are just fine tuning the demand letter. :)

Kim I agree with you about AC being useless in this county. They said they probably won't follow up on the dog chained to a tree because they only have two AC officers in this county and they are too busy.

New report they just did.

Eatting 3 or more eggs a week can be as damaging as smoking cigarrettes, to your arteries.

Are you kinding me????

I guess I'm pushing it. I don't egg 3 plain eggs a week, but cook with them and yepppppp, I smoke.

In 50 years they'll say "oops! Ya should have been smoking, drinking and eatting 5 eggs a day. Sorry bout that."

OK I'm kidding and not trying to promote smoking a drinkin
frow.gif
Mods! LOl I'm just saying, we go through this kind of thing all the time. It's good, it's bad, it's good.

I just read a news article about egg yolks and artery wall size from Canada. That was not a real scientific study. It was a survey where the number of eggs eaten was compared to artery wall size. It's like the surveys that finds a correlation between eating ice cream and heat. There is no real cause and effect. Even the authors of the report said it could be that those that eat more egg yolks might not exercise as much or eat other high fat foods.

I am still eating eggs.

Ron

Well I have finally made some headway in sorting through this year's grow-outs from my breeding projects and have some birds available. I will post proper ads when I can, but in the meantime if anyone is interested in black mottled Japanese bantams, bantam calico (project) cochins, or bantam cochins from a crele project let me know and I can send you information on what is available and lots of pictures of the juvies as well as my breeding birds. Too hot to ship right now, but can meet folks if not too far away - I live in the east bay, SF Bay Area. I do plan to attend the Swimming With Chickens festival in Turlock on Thursday, so can bring birds with me but would prefer to not bring any more than have been pre-sold. A few teaser pics are below. Oh - and I might be able to be convinced to part with some of my young olandsk dwarfs as well!

black mottled Japanese bantam cockerel black mottled Japanese bantam pullet black mottled Japanese baby - when they are born they are yellow with just a few black spots!

young calico pair - lots of filling out to do! young calicos calico fluffy butts!

young olandsk pair Proud olandsk Papa olandsk hen with newly hatched chicks

I also have some "random bantams" available, including a very nice buff silkie cockerel and some EE bantams. PM me if you would like more info on these breeds or bird availability!

Well I have finally made some headway in sorting through this year's grow-outs from my breeding projects and have some birds available. I will post proper ads when I can, but in the meantime if anyone is interested in black mottled Japanese bantams, bantam calico (project) cochins, or bantam cochins from a crele project let me know and I can send you information on what is available and lots of pictures of the juvies as well as my breeding birds. Too hot to ship right now, but can meet folks if not too far away - I live in the east bay, SF Bay Area. I do plan to attend the Swimming With Chickens festival in Turlock on Thursday, so can bring birds with me but would prefer to not bring any more than have been pre-sold. A few teaser pics are below. Oh - and I might be able to be convinced to part with some of my young olandsk dwarfs as well!
OMG! they are so adorable..good job on the great breeding!

Swim party on thursday? I think you meant Sunday? I only know because we'll be fly fishing in Montana that's why I can't go :(

Completely non-productive day here, slept all day after the spinal injection...

Last edited:
OMG! they are so adorable..good job on the great breeding!

Swim party on thursday? I think you meant Sunday? I only know because we'll be fly fishing in Montana that's why I can't go :(

Completely non-productive day here, slept all day after the spinal injection...
Did I say Thursday? Today is Thursday - wishful thinking! Yes of course, I meant Sunday.

Gee, excuse me for not feeling too sorry for you missing the party because you are going to be fly fishing in Montana for a week...

Sorry to hear about the spinal injection - I really hope it helps.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom