CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I don't know about PR, but definitely going to Reno.

Deb

Ya!! What will you be showing? I won't be showing in the open show but my girls will be showing junior. I make my girls help feed/ clean ponds, clean cages so when show season starts they have worked to go. If they want to show, they have to do all the work to take care of the birds. They are 8 and 6 and have no problems doing it. The only thing I help with is lifting the pump in and out I the pond because it's too heavy for Paige.
They are taking:
Call ducks-2
Sebastopol geese-2
Bantam Polish - probably around 25
LF Polish-2
bantam Cochins 2 or 3
And Nankins for showmanship.
I hope they will all fit in our truck!

Last edited:
If your thinking about PR you should book your room now and cancel if you don't go. It was really hard finding a room. I ended up paying $95 for Motel 6.
sad.png

That is about as cheap as it gets in paso.

Walt

my co-broodies. I hope they'll be good co-parents too. Eggs are due to hatch tomorrow. If I'm lucky, there will be two araucanas & three olive eggers. I've got my fingers crossed - hoping to see some tufted rumpless chicklets in the morning!

So it's been a long time since I looked back at the first post in this thread. What a great resource - it's nice to have so much info in one convenient spot. Thanks, wolftracks, for keeping up with this!

So it's been a long time since I looked back at the first post in this thread. What a great resource - it's nice to have so much info in one convenient spot. Thanks, wolftracks, for keeping up with this!
They changed things and the first post can no longer be edited, so we have this page now

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/california-thread-members-list-and-helpful-information

Take a look at it and see if you have any ideas for it.

Guys please let me know if you see mistakes. I'm not the brainiac I was years ago. LOL

Have 3 more chickies hatched out for the one due tomorrow, so 6 so far. I have 3 of Lavern's eggs in there just sitting. I want her chicks badly!

OHHHH

I almost forgot.

I'm not sure they're even going ot be fertile, but both of my Silver Phoenix hens are sitting on a nest. mendocinosunris's post remonded me. Anyway the first week there were NO eggs, so I figured they were going into moult. There are 8 eggs under them. I'm going to let them set for a while, but the one didn't do a very good job of keeping them alive after they hatched the last time. I'm going candle and once they have a good start, I'll grab them out and stick them in the incubator. Would be nice to get 2 good roos and a bunch of pullets! Yeah, I know, but I can dream. I just hope they're all fertile, so I'll have chicks from my boy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom