CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

How long ago was Karens pool party? I thought I had a couple of days at least for quail chicks. I was going out to toss some things to the birds and I heard peeping. Looked and my humidity was around 31, no eggs due I thought thill next week. I looked at all the eggs I had in there looking for what I knew was a quail and finally when I pulled out the eggs from the raffle, this a tiny chick in there. I had to up my humidity. I hope I didn't do to much, so keeping an eye on it, but man was I off or what?

Feed Stores (Antelope Valley)

High Country Feed & Pets

1817 E Avenue Q # B9
Palmdale, CA 93550‎
(661) 947-4552

Hemme Hay & Feed
43719 SIERRA HWY
LANCASTER, California 93534-5032
661-942-7880

Feed Stores (Santa Clarita Valley)

Fox Feed
17028 Sierra Hwy.
Canyon Country, CA
(661) 252-9790
http://www.foxfeed.com/

Vet Offices That Do Poultry (Antelope Valley)

H & M Veterinary Hospital
2330 Mall Loop Road #115
Lancaster, CA 93536
661-942-3070
http://www.docmcneil.com/

PALM PLAZA PET HOSPITAL
2501 E. PALMDALE BLVD.
PALMDALE, CA 93550
(661) 272-4551
http://www.palmplazapet.com/

Last edited:
Hello all,

I haven't been on BYC for a long time but thought it time to do some reconnecting. I love these photos! Just beautiful!

Barbara
Corona area
Welcome to the CA thread!
frow.gif

Added you and welcome to the thread.

Today would have been Angel's birthday. Niece is getting a lotof support from friends, but knows I'm here if she needs me. I have no idea where or when the funeral is. I didn't know him and This niece is my great niece, so her mom will be there for her as well as a lot of other people. I don't handle funerals these days, so I'm just here if she needs me.

Future (I think) SIL is fine. A little beat up and talking about another bike and not to affriad to get back on. The poor woman that hit him was probably terrified. It really wasn't her fault. It was and it wasn't. They were workingon the street and she had a hard time seeing beyond the baracades, so she just couldn't see him coming. He had 2 friends following him. They were on their way to have dinner at his and my daughter's house. It was near his mom's house and she got called and came screaming down the street. I guess this poor woman is scared to death and kept saying "I'm sorry, it was an accident." They calmed her down and told her to not worry, he was fine and they could see how she had a hard time. EMTs checked him out and he wouldn't go to the hospital, but he's not too bad. My daughter icked up some anica at the health food store and he's using that, so he'll e fine.

Finished one of the mini hoop coops yesterday and put my BBS AMs in it. Then I looked around and thought, this is way to many birds for me. I think I'm giving up this years lavender egg project and starting again when I get someplace else. I'm also selling the bantam Lav AMs, so if anyone is interested let me know. Trying to figure out who else goes. FBCMs stay, SPPRs stay, the BBS and Lav LF AMs stay. Just got some more Sumatras and I'll have extra cockerels to sell soon. I'm ending up with more bantam breeds that I never intended to even get, but I love my Japs and my Favs. Plus Baby is a spoiled little thing and I want more like her.

Baby is my Fav pullet. I also have a pair, but Jolie beats the heck out of Baby. She's now a yard pet. I'm going to have to start putting her in a separate pen with Jaque to get chicks later and then kee him with Jolie. The neighbor was watching her grand baby yesterday and I was out back and had chickens loose all over the yard. She carried her to her backyard to see the chickens and Makayla saw them, so sh's looking all over for Baby. BTW, Baby had a real name once, but we can't remember what it was. LOL She just the Baby. So Baby is asleep under a bush and I pointed her out. Whenever she can't find her, she says "She isn't coming, I think she's dead somewhere, she just isn't coming." So, she sees her laying there and runs to make sure she's alright. Baby turns uver oon her stomach and looks up from behind her puffy face and Kayla scoops her up. The little girl was so excited to see her and started to pet her and Kayla moved her feathers to show her her eyes. The grandma is smiling and making little sounds at her and then Kayla puts her down and it all done. An hour later, I'm down on the ground tying a tarp at the bottom of the coop and I hear a man's voice calling Kayla. I drag myself up and see the babies dad standing at the fence with 3 other men. I'm not liking this too much and start walking over to see what's up. They wanted to see Kayla call her chicken. MY CHICKEN thank you, but whatever. LOL So Kayla calls Baby and she comes waddling up and flies up on Kayla's shoulder. These guys are going nuts over a chicken doing this. A lot of our birds come when we call them. Some run away, but not all. haha So, one guy calls his wife from the car and Kayla sets Baby down and walks away and then calls her. I sure hope I can hatch some of these out, because this lady wants some. The have BRs and she wants these beautiful little chickens to come to her when she calls and sit like a parrot on her shoulder. Baby is a cutie. I don't even know what her quality is, but I think she's beautiful. It was so funny to watch these men get so excited and all of them want bantam Favs now. LOL
Glad to hear future(?) SIL is going to be OK anyway. I can just picture Kayla with Baby riding around on her shoulder. She is such a cutie.
Hmmm... I heard coyotes yipping this morning. Here's hoping my electric fence will stop 'em!
fl.gif
Good luck! A wire about 3-6" above the ground should be very effective. We need to do that next. We have a huge pack of them that come across our property every night. The neighbors sit on their roof and try to pick them off with a small shotgun. I wish them luck but there are so many coyotes I really worry about my birds!!! I have found numerous scratches on the outsides of the coops so I can't wait till the puppies are old enough so that they can scare off any coyotes that keep hanging around.

BTW all the pens now have 7' tall fences around them except 1 and that one will, hopefully, be done by this weekend. Dang coyotes!!!
I didn't thank you all for the well wishes and condolences. I wasn't trying to be rude, my mind has just been wondering the past few days. Then to top it off this morning I had some weird things happen at the exact same time I saw a man they looked exactly like bill although a couple of years older. Probably what he would look like now. There was something else, that was just too much to be a coincidence and I've been in kind of a daze all day since. Anyway I want to thank you all for your kind words.

Down to business. I think I have the page caught up. Hopefully I've separated the shows correctly. I left credit where credit was do.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/california-thread-members-list-and-helpful-information

I had to get something done today. I really haven't taken care of much. Just been one of those days.
I think it looks great Kim! Tons of info in there!!!

BTW, tell Bill - Steve and I said "Hey".
Hahaha! I agree!

Last edited:
You mean the one in Escalon? The one by me is Mondays.
You were right! we were gonna try and head down to Modesto afterwards anyway, but at 6 DH got a call from his Santa Rosa office they needed him, so we headed there.. i went blackberry picking instead, and then off to a site untill today. SO we still have a day off for chickens, maybe Monday fortnight!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom