CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I used plastic tubs from the dollar store for now. So far no kits, but they aren't chewing the lastic either. Now that I've said that they probably will. A couple of the does are just iffy on being pregnant, but 2 look like they are and the other? IDK. I ended up putting 7 boxes, because I thought 2 others may be pregnant too, but maybe I'm just getting fat rabbits. IDK. Things here are going crazy anyway. I think I lost a whole hatch too. I woke up to 35% humidity. Have no idea how that happened, but I have it back up, but don't see any movement in the eggs I can see into. New month. Maybe I can change it to good things. October was horrible.

I used plastic tubs from the dollar store for now. So far no kits, but they aren't chewing the lastic either. Now that I've said that they probably will. A couple of the does are just iffy on being pregnant, but 2 look like they are and the other? IDK. I ended up putting 7 boxes, because I thought 2 others may be pregnant too, but maybe I'm just getting fat rabbits. IDK. Things here are going crazy anyway. I think I lost a whole hatch too. I woke up to 35% humidity. Have no idea how that happened, but I have it back up, but don't see any movement in the eggs I can see into. New month. Maybe I can change it to good things. October was horrible.
Any Baby's yet?

pop.gif

Any Baby's yet?

pop.gif
NO!
hit.gif

I started adding extra feed about 10 days before due dates and I just made them get fat. Not a single kit to be had! The phrase "Breeding like rabbits!" does not work in my case.

My kids keep saying it must be something in my yard that is causing problems with rabbits and chickens. Bill said it a couple of times also, when some things just didn't add up. I have over half of my yard turned over and I found car parts, undereware, you name it when I was digging. Starting to think they might all be right.

I had a hatch due the 4th and got 3 chicks so far out of 28 eggs. I know some may have not even started, but I'll check them in a couple of days when I pull them. It seems like I get from 3 to 10 and the others just don't hatch.
idunno.gif

Anyway, I'm going to breed the does again. I wanted to do it the past 2 days but been really busy. Hopefully I can get it done sometime tomorrow. I'm getting babies if it kills me!

NO!
hit.gif

I started adding extra feed about 10 days before due dates and I just made them get fat. Not a single kit to be had! The phrase "Breeding like rabbits!" does not work in my case.

My kids keep saying it must be something in my yard that is causing problems with rabbits and chickens. Bill said it a couple of times also, when some things just didn't add up. I have over half of my yard turned over and I found car parts, undereware, you name it when I was digging. Starting to think they might all be right.

I had a hatch due the 4th and got 3 chicks so far out of 28 eggs. I know some may have not even started, but I'll check them in a couple of days when I pull them. It seems like I get from 3 to 10 and the others just don't hatch.
idunno.gif

Anyway, I'm going to breed the does again. I wanted to do it the past 2 days but been really busy. Hopefully I can get it done sometime tomorrow. I'm getting babies if it kills me!

Don't give extra feed until the kits are born they don't need it till they start producing milk. Fat rabbits don't breed well.

pop.gif

Former occupants. I've seen neighbors burying garbage in their yards. I found some really weird things out there and I did find what looked like buried trash.

Everyone is down to regular rations. Hope to try again today. Wish me luck!

Sunny Dawn I ran into your husband at lunch today but didnt get to meet you. We were at the Reno show.
smile.png

Were you at Carrows? We were there with a bunch of local BYCers. You should have come and said "Hi". I was there with him. I was in my chair at the show but not at Carrows. I just asked him and he doesn't remember meeting anyone that we didn't both talk to. He has early onset Alzheimers though, so him not remembering doesn't mean anything. Shoot! Now I'm bummed I didn't get to meet you!

I got to meet Deb and her husband though and she is as much fun in person as she is online! I really enjoyed meeting her. I got to take home some of her gorgeous marans' eggs to hatch! I am very excited to set them tomorrow once they settle.

Were you at Carrows? We were there with a bunch of local BYCers. You should have come and said "Hi".  I was there with him.  I was in my chair at the show but not at Carrows.  I just asked him and he doesn't remember meeting anyone that we didn't both talk to.  He has early onset Alzheimers though, so him not remembering doesn't mean anything.  Shoot!  Now I'm bummed I didn't get to meet you! 

I got to meet Deb and her husband though and she is as much fun in person as she is online!  I really enjoyed meeting her.  I got to take home some of her gorgeous marans' eggs to hatch!  I am very excited to set them tomorrow once they settle.

Yes it was at Carrows. It was at the cash register. :)
What a bummer we didn't meet. :(

Back
Top Bottom