Call duck thread! For posting pics and discussing!

YOu'd have to post pics, on average a duckling call runs 20$ lowest i have seen is 15$ at auction lists. For breeding or show quality? that price rises considerably.

I agree, $20 for a show-quality duck is lowballing it. I've seen them go as high as $100 for a genuine, excellent show quality duck, but the average is between $40-60 per bird.

Speaking of, here's my show-quality-but-kept-as-a-pet duck Wobbles. She's wrapped due to a mild case of slipped wing, but if you ask me it just makes her look even cuter!

I agree, $20 for a show-quality duck is lowballing it. I've seen them go as high as $100 for a genuine, excellent show quality duck, but the average is between $40-60 per bird.

Speaking of, here's my show-quality-but-kept-as-a-pet duck Wobbles. She's wrapped due to a mild case of slipped wing, but if you ask me it just makes her look even cuter!

I agree that is cute. poor baby!

Definitely cute! Does she seem to have any trouble walking with that on, like not having normal balance with her wings fastened down?

BTW, both of my shipments came in yesterday. I'm going to try to get some decent pics this weekend.

Definitely cute! Does she seem to have any trouble walking with that on, like not having normal balance with her wings fastened down?

BTW, both of my shipments came in yesterday. I'm going to try to get some decent pics this weekend.

YAY! Which colors did you decide on, again? I can't wait to see those photos!

As for Wobs, well...her name's Wobbles for a reason. Balance has never been her strong suit.
lol.png
But she manages fine, she doesn't even seem to mind that much, surprisingly.

YAY! Which colors did you decide on, again? I can't wait to see those photos!

As for Wobs, well...her name's Wobbles for a reason. Balance has never been her strong suit.
lol.png
But she manages fine, she doesn't even seem to mind that much, surprisingly.
White and Blue Fawn. I wanted Snowy as well, but I got my reservation in too late in the year and all the show and show breeder quality ones were already reserved. All they had left available was pet quality. It's probably for the best right now. I've heard from several very respected Call breeders that those are one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult, to breed to standard, even for very experienced breeders. Art Lundgren even told me that himself at one of the shows last weekend. It's apparently very difficult to get the plumage to turn out the way it's supposed to look, even if you start with a pair that have the correct colors and markings.

Back
Top Bottom