Call duck thread! For posting pics and discussing!

You could get em online. I usually go to purely poultry, you can get Baby call ducks but you have to get at least 6.

Hi! Just joined BYC after stalking for a few years...I'm obsessed with call ducks, and therefore have a few questions, in case anyone can help. :D
I bought these Snowy calls in the end of June, as they were starting to molt, so they look awful still...but what are your opinions? Do female Snowies usually get speckled heads when molting? Also, since snowy drakes are supposed to have yellow bills, why does mine have a dark bill?

I also have some White Calls from an auction, and I am wondering if they are full stock or not (ie, possibly half call, half Pekin?). Especially the bottom left female is definitely not pure White, but not exactly Snowy either. Any ideas?

These are some of the 'White' calls offspring. There were several spotted and a couple black/ bibbed, so only about half were pure white colored.

Some of our calls
We have greys, blue fawns and one pastel

Cute little flock of calls.  How long have you had call ducks?

Seems like forever.
I had some greys for years starting around 1980. Then i've had a few here and there on and off over the years.
Got a few about 3 years ago and since have lost some and added others. Picked up 4 pair of some good ones at a show last year so going to start breeding from those and replacing our pet quality ones over the next year or two.
We have 7 boys and 9 girls right now.

Seems like forever.
I had some greys for years starting around 1980. Then i've had a few here and there on and off over the years.
Got a few about 3 years ago and since have lost some and added others. Picked up 4 pair of some good ones at a show last year so going to start breeding from those and replacing our pet quality ones over the next year or two.
We have 7 boys and 9 girls right now.

Cool. We have had call ducks since the 80's as well. Always a work in progress, especially on the uncommon colors.

Hi! Just joined BYC after stalking for a few years...I'm obsessed with call ducks, and therefore have a few questions, in case anyone can help. :D
I bought these Snowy calls in the end of June, as they were starting to molt, so they look awful still...but what are your opinions? Do female Snowies usually get speckled heads when molting? Also, since snowy drakes are supposed to have yellow bills, why does mine have a dark bill?

I also have some White Calls from an auction, and I am wondering if they are full stock or not (ie, possibly half call, half Pekin?). Especially the bottom left female is definitely not pure White, but not exactly Snowy either. Any ideas?

These are some of the 'White' calls offspring. There were several spotted and a couple black/ bibbed, so only about half were pure white colored.

no idea but i love this speckled one and this group shot!!!!

love.gif

Back
Top Bottom