Call duckling looks like a drake but quacks like a hen.

PekinPal806

Chirping
Mar 27, 2020
Hi everyone, I have six almost fully grown call ducklings and all are sexed except for one. It is a snowy that has the plumage of Drake but quacks loudly just like it’s mom, one of the other ducklings is raspy just like a normal drake. First time I’ve ever experienced this so any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 24
Hi everyone, I have six almost fully grown call ducklings and all are sexed except for one. It is a snowy that has the plumage of Drake but quacks loudly just like it’s mom, one of the other ducklings is raspy just like a normal drake. First time I’ve ever experienced this so any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
If it quacks then I'd say it's a girl regardless of plumage.
I have a female call that has a white neck ring which is typically a drake thing. So it plumage can vary.

What a cutie! Could you get a video of it quacking?

Back
Top Bottom