Call Ducks Finally Hatched

So Rumpy didn't show up this morning but I will look hard for him when I get home.  Sometimes Rumpy gets stuck in the mud, I had to flip him over two days ago.  He falls over on his side and then he can't get back over because the mud weighs him down and without that tail he has a really hard time getting up...  I had a feeling though last night something was wrong. 

The Wanna be was in the middle of our yard just yelling up a storm, I was watching him for a short time and couldn't figure out what his problem was, I bet he was calling for Sassy and Rumpy and when he couldn't find either one, I'm wondering if he took off to go find them.  I was worried about him because he depended on Sassy and now that Sassy's not here, I was afraid he was going to get lonely and possibly die.  I think if he comes back tonight, I will lock him up with the Two new guys and try to create a new group with him and my two little ones.  RUMPY will be included in this group if and when he comes home..

Then once Tammy's eggs are done, I will create another group with them to join the Wanna be Group, this way the Wanna be group will be made up of 9 Calls so losing one in this group wont be so hard on the rest..  GRRR

I already have TWO groups of Four, then a group of 7 so I have three groups that go around in the yard.  Rumpy, the Wanna be and Sassy was my Fourth group.

My problem is getting a LEADER, I had a leader he was a mallard, he got hit by a car, this guy was good in keeping everyone in line.  He would keep all the groups together, since he has been gone, they have split up into different groups and are playing STUPID.  OMG, I have to get a rake and CHASE them in the coop.  Where before the Mallard would get them all in the coop, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  How do I get a LEADER again?   

Geese. That's why I got mine. They are barely a month old and already keep everyone in line lol

So Tammy, Will you be sending my that baby?  I exspect him this week, I will put him with my other two youngsters.  So Start SHIPPING HIM.  He needs to come Visit Auntie LORI....  Its time.

You will be delivering some of your very own in less than a week now ;) She came from the little round green egg. The others should look about the same too, with maybe a little heavier markings being that daddy is very heavily marked. I can't wait to see them all.

You will be delivering some of your very own in less than a week now ;) She came from the little round green egg. The others should look about the same too, with maybe a little heavier markings being that daddy is very heavily marked. I can't wait to see them all.

Oooooo I have a little round green egg growing too!!!! :)

:p
So how do I know what colour ducklings to expect? I have two white females mating with an apricot male and the blue fawn male. I am almost certain that my apricot and mallard female aren't mating at all.

Well here's my latest

The wanna be came back home, sad news I don't think Rumpy is with me anymore, I found short feathers on the edge of our property they look like rumpys..

My hoverbator inkie wigged out with all the crazy weather we have been having, went too low, then too high, and all my eggs are gone
sad.png

I threw it out the window!

I picked up this lab incubator which keeps an exact temp. regardless of the weather. I put two egg turners in, and ran a line in from the fish pump (fresh air). I put a narrow container in with purified water, and it is steady at 30% humidity. Does anyone see anything I am missing? Arg!!! I thought I finally had it right.

Maybe I should switch to chickens.
he.gif

My hoverbator inkie wigged out with all the crazy weather we have been having, went too low, then too high, and all my eggs are gone :(

I picked up this lab incubator which keeps an exact temp.  regardless of the weather. I put two egg turners in, and ran a line in from the fish pump (fresh air). I put a narrow container in with purified water, and it is steady at 30% humidity.  Does anyone see anything I am missing? Arg!!! I thought I finally had it right.

Maybe I should switch to chickens. :he

Yes, come over to the dark side...

Last edited:
My hoverbator inkie wigged out with all the crazy weather we have been having, went too low, then too high, and all my eggs are gone :(

I picked up this lab incubator which keeps an exact temp.  regardless of the weather. I put two egg turners in, and ran a line in from the fish pump (fresh air). I put a narrow container in with purified water, and it is steady at 30% humidity.  Does anyone see anything I am missing? Arg!!! I thought I finally had it right.

Maybe I should switch to chickens. :he

Oh no I am so sorry!!!! :( :( don't give up on them!!!! You have beautiful little spotted babies just waiting to be hatched :)

Would you like me to send you some eggs??? :) :)

Back
Top Bottom