Call Ducks

Just so you know Lacrystol. There is no exact standard on humidity. It depends where you live really. Also auto turners are GREAT! I have used an autoturner for years for ALL my duck eggs with great success . Call ducks and even harder to hatch wild duck eggs alike. But before all jump in on me for this autoturner. Let me say that I ALSO hand turn them as well. This is the best way I feel. With hand turning alone being second best. I used to only hand turn myself. But no doubt about it whatsoever I had an even better hatch rate since using the combined method. I love having a high humidity, moreso when near hatching. Also yes, most ducks ARE much harder to hatch from day 1. I have found that if you mist the eggs with reg tap water each time you open the bator to hand turn it will help with this problem tremendously. I have a tough time doing a "true lockdown" as I usually have all kinds of eggs from different times and birds. If I am in the incubators even when chicks are actually piping to get a baby out all I do is mist them all again and never had no" lockdown "problem. On still air bators try to run at 100-101. On forced air I run mine at 99.5. Good luck hatching.

HELP CALL DUCKS ARE DIEING, THEY ARE UPSIDE DOWN and aren't turning right side up. There's two of them are are still moving what can be done about this???

Does anyone have any advise as to why the ducks are dying at lock down??? temp is at 100 the humidity at 70, most of them are upside down and they don't seem to be able to turn right side up which is cause them not to be able to get out of the shell. What can be done to help those still alive to turn right side up and get out????

Well my friends call ducks all died at lockdown, however with mine, I had 13 eggs from her and lost 1. I candled them last night and all 12 are still swimming inside the egg. I'm not real clear on what day is hatching day for me though. I have heard for call ducks it's day 28 but I have read 27, so sometime next week is lockdown for my 12 eggs. I just have to find out what day. LOL.. I was planning on sticking with day 28 which will be next Saturday, not the one coming up. I hope I don't have the problems that my friend was having where all hers would die the day of lockdown. My temp is 99 to 101 right now with 50-55 for humidity. I mist them each time I turn them which is 3 times a day. Come next Tuesday we will stop turning and Wednesday spike the humidity up to 60-65 Crossing fingers all of them will hatch out ..
fl.gif

I was also told after peeping if they are not out within 24 hours to give them a little help, so it's going to be a CRAZY weekend...

Well my friends call ducks all died at lockdown, however with mine, I had 13 eggs from her and lost 1. I candled them last night and all 12 are still swimming inside the egg. I'm not real clear on what day is hatching day for me though. I have heard for call ducks it's day 28 but I have read 27, so sometime next week is lockdown for my 12 eggs. I just have to find out what day. LOL.. I was planning on sticking with day 28 which will be next Saturday, not the one coming up. I hope I don't have the problems that my friend was having where all hers would die the day of lockdown. My temp is 99 to 101 right now with 50-55 for humidity. I mist them each time I turn them which is 3 times a day. Come next Tuesday we will stop turning and Wednesday spike the humidity up to 60-65 Crossing fingers all of them will hatch out ..
fl.gif

I was also told after peeping if they are not out within 24 hours to give them a little help, so it's going to be a CRAZY weekend...
regular ducks are day 28 .
call ducks are day 25.

Mine never read the book
lol.png
Some calls have hatched at 25 as countrygirl said and some at even 30. Lots of variables involved. I always leave my eggs in the bator 4 extra days after the hatchout if I have room and have had some very cool unexpected surprizes. @ 2 weeks too long you get the bad surprizes like a egg bomb. Although the worst I have had was eggs seeping and stinking up the bator

Ok so I'm confused, how many days does it take for call ducks? Next Saturday will be day 28 but I need to know when to lock them down. If they only take 25 or 26 days then of course that is going to change my lockdown day. Does anyone know exactly how many days for call ducks so that I can get them lockdown on the right day??

Dont worry so much about a "lockdown" day You can open the bator as long as there is not a external pip.Keep the humidity high. And if you gotta open to check water level level if you dont nave a window.Mist with warm water will bring the humidity up faster. Most times you will hear peeping before external pipping happens also.

Back
Top Bottom