Calling all lakenvelder owners

once again Henk, your birds are
droolin.gif
love.gif
God I wish I could get some from you!

So I have been getting Lakenvelder LF from Duane Urch and they are pretty good but I would like to introduce another line to increase the gene pool. Who has good standard Lakenvelders out there?

So I have been getting Lakenvelder LF from Duane Urch and they are pretty good but I would like to introduce another line to increase the gene pool. Who has good standard Lakenvelders out there?
Can you post some pics of your Duane Urch esp. if you have Gold. I'd really like to see what that line looks like.
Thanks

Any other Lakenvelder owners have trouble with your roosters? I started out with a straight run of 6. 4 ended up being roosters. They would attack me, my kids, and my husband. We tried holding them down, holding them up by their feet...nothing worked! You could not turn your back!! We culled them down to 1 rooster. He is still out of line. He is beautiful, and I would like to keep him, but my 6 year old daughter is in the yard with a broom in one hand! Not a good thing!! The two hens left are precious. Our "Stella" loves to be cuddled. We have other breeds as well, but these are our favorite to watch. They are very entertaining!

I had a group of the fancy breeds from McMurrays and had two Lakenvelder roosters in the group. They were really nice and am thinking of getting another to go with my chickens for breeding. I traded one at the fair (got a ribbon too!) for an Auracana rooster because I had an A. hen. I loved that rooster too! He fought with all the other roosters and was the king after that. He was beautiful, all colors of the rainbow.
I am looking right now for Australorp adult birds and some Wyandottes. The neighbors dogs came over and killed 11 of my birds. He is going to make it right but I need adult birds because they were laying me 10 eggs a day. I have only 2 Wyandottes left. Adult birds are hard to find but found out Townline Hatchery in Mi. sells all their birds off at 1 yr. I must take 25! Someone with a truck then to get them..and find other homes. Have fun!

I have one Lakenvelder and her name is Sabrina. She is a very sweet girl who coos like a songbird, but she is plain nuts and we have the hardest time catching her. If I can swing it, I will get her picture and post it on here. She was about 3 months old when we got her and had light blue ear lobes. They are fading to almost all white now. I was told that this means it is an old blood line. Has anyone else heard this?

I have one Lakenvelder and her name is Sabrina. She is a very sweet girl who coos like a songbird, but she is plain nuts and we have the hardest time catching her. If I can swing it, I will get her picture and post it on here. She was about 3 months old when we got her and had light blue ear lobes. They are fading to almost all white now. I was told that this means it is an old blood line. Has anyone else heard this?
No, and I wouldn't believe it... ;)

Back
Top Bottom