Calling all lakenvelder owners

Quote:
Hi Henk69. Now I've broken the incubator but I'd like to buy eggs from your animals.

Spain would be possible. Next year?

Hi. I'll try to fix the machine for this autumn.

I only have a hen. She appears in my avatar.

Thank you
wee.gif

I was given a hatchery lakenvelder years ago by a friend. She may not have been be show quality, but she was my favorite bird
love.gif
I have yet to have another, but I would really love one.
DSCN2768-1.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

Nice birds! I have 2 from mypetchicken, a silver and a gold. I was expecting them to be skidish since the info said they tended to avoid human contact but both of mine so far are very friendly. They jump up on me looking for treats and my silver girl likes to snuggle! I think Lakenvelders are so pretty- very elegant bird.

Henk69- your birds are STUNNING!

Trish

Hello all. I am stationed in Germany and they have some of the best show quality Large and Bantam Lakenfelders I have ever seen besides Henk here on this post. I will be over here another few years and hope to raise them while I am here and hope to learn how to perfect this bird in America also. They are great birds. If you all would stay in touch with me this would be great. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thank you.
Dave

Last edited:
Henk's Platinum Blue Lakenvelders

PlatinumBlue2.jpg

Plantinumblue1.jpg
How many generations did it take to get the Blues like you wanted them? They are very nice looking birds.
Also, I am wondering how the process works. Do you keep breeding the same Rooster to the new pullets or What? What type of Blue bird did you use as your starter?

Henk, Your birds are fantastic. In about four years when I have more time I want to see if I can make a Lakenvelder from other breeds. My friend had some black and silver American game bantams that he mixed and was able to somehow get a male that looked almost like a lakenvelder bantam other then the yellow legs.
Dave

Last edited:
How many generations did it take to get the Blues like you wanted them? They are very nice looking birds.
Also, I am wondering how the process works. Do you keep breeding the same Rooster to the new pullets or What? What type of Blue bird did you use as your starter?

They are not blue, they are platinum (=dun + blue).
This is a blue:

I got the blue from the already existing blue lakenvelder bantam

If I had to use another blue donor:
Keep backcrossing a blue offspring to a purebreed lakenvelder, repeat.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom