Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

You're probably going to hate me. I have a rooster and 4 partridge hens left. We've had several take a walk in the woods and never come back. They are so skittish that we never let them out. The two Wyandotte hens we have dominate the the pene hens. My daughter who takes care of them is off to college next year so I am thinking of mellowing my stock by breeding my roo with sapphire gems or australorps. I suppose others have tried this but don't know results. Would like to get more eggs too.
Let us know how it goes!

I hatched out 2 of my lone Black Penedesenca hen's eggs (out of 3 that I set). I don't have a Black Penedesenca rooster. But the chicks turned out all black except for a white spot on the top of their head. They just hatched the Friday before Easter.

Anyone have any Crele available (eggs, chicks, adults for sale)? Every time I contact someone they don't have them anymore. It seems like the color is almost extinct.
(Please note that this post was from 2017.)
Someone has been selling eggs on ebay lately.

Also Privett hatchery has them

I found them at Welp. I'm sorely tempted to order some, but I'd have to wait until next year. No guarantee they will offer them then though.
https://www.welphatchery.com/layer-type-chicks/crele-penedesenca-straight-run/

This year I'm hatching babies from the pair of Partridge Penes I got from Tractor Supply last year. I also put some other hens in with them. The Buff Ameraucana is making cute orange colored Olive Egger chicks. I'm pretty excited to see how the Pene crosses turn out. Hoping to make dark egg layers. But I'm really excited to have more purebred Penedesenca!

Crele would be nice though...

No, it just explains why they have the dot on their head. Barred father gives barring to both sons and daughters.
Darn, I was hoping you were going to tell me they were sex linked. Oh, well. Time will answer that question. I am actually hoping to get a male Black Penedsenca cross because then if I breed him back to his Momma, the pure bred Black Penedesecens it would increase the amount of BP genes in the offspring.

Back
Top Bottom