Calling all pluckers!!!!!

I like the idea of predawn but I get worried about 1 year old waking up in the middle of me processing and my husbands not home yet works third so I have to wait until he can watch her or when she's taking a nap. Plus I read you said you bought. A plucker. I would like to pluck my own with heating water but I just dont have a stock pot big enough. Also I did pluck one right after just to see what it was like and it was still warm so it wasn't that bad but the bigger feathers were harder to get out so I cut them off but it was kind of annoying bc I need new scissors.
Spent $386 on this plucker. Well worth it though. The 1st time I slaughtered my roosters I used a cone and a very very sharp knife( fish fillet knife). Caught the roosters Put them into a bunny cage and let them calm down til almost dark. Stuck them in the cone...moved the feathers enough to make a clean slice on throat. Let em bleed out. Dipped em..and then used the plucker. Plugged it in and got the water hose. With this plucker while it's rotating i have to keep spaying water to keep rotating chicken wet. If your Lil girl catches you let her use the hose to wash the "spaceship" aka plucker. That's up to you tho I do not have children so.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811_230407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811_230407_Chrome.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 7
I like the idea of predawn but I get worried about 1 year old waking up in the middle of me processing and my husbands not home yet works third so I have to wait until he can watch her or when she's taking a nap. Plus I read you said you bought. A plucker. I would like to pluck my own with heating water but I just dont have a stock pot big enough. Also I did pluck one right after just to see what it was like and it was still warm so it wasn't that bad but the bigger feathers were harder to get out so I cut them off but it was kind of annoying bc I need new scissors.
This expensive plucker will have that bird de-feathered in a minute..tops

Spent $386 on this plucker. Well worth it though. The 1st time I slaughtered my roosters I used a cone and a very very sharp knife( fish fillet knife). Caught the roosters Put them into a bunny cage and let them calm down til almost dark. Stuck them in the cone...moved the feathers enough to make a clean slice on throat. Let em bleed out. Dipped em..and then used the plucker. Plugged it in and got the water hose. With this plucker while it's rotating i have to keep spaying water to keep rotating chicken wet. If your Lil girl catches you let her use the hose to wash the "spaceship" aka plucker. That

Instead of scissors, use pliers and pull the feathers out. Nothing gets dull and makes a cleaner bird. Of course, YardBird plucker or similar would be best, but $$$.
O yeah I had forgotten my mom said she uses pliers. Thanks for the reminder..

Back
Top Bottom