Calling all writers, photographers, and artists- you are needed!

Will you contribute?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ?

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Shadowfire

Crowing
Aug 14, 2018
USA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all, I am writing a book about mystery snails. I consider myself a good writer but I would like some help. You don't even have to be a snail whiz, just a good writer. You will not be guaranteed to profit, it's just for "fun", but I appreciate it very much and you will be granted a special thanks. Please contact me about any paintings, drawings, photos, etc that would help!

Thank you all, and if you would like to see a book sample before contribution, please start a conversation with me.
Here is some of the text; it wouldn't let me paste pictures; this is just a rough draft :)

Introduction

Mystery snails, or pomacea bridgesii, make wonderful additions to almost any freshwater aquarium. They are hardy, versatile, peaceful to other tankmates, and very easy to care for. Mystery snails are also very useful algae grazers; a small group of only two to four snails can easily clear out a large, algae-ridden tank in a few weeks.

Apple Snails and Mystery Snails

The Mystery snail belongs to the family Ampullariidae. This family is sometimes referred to as the “apple snail” family because of another species in the genus, the true or channeled apple snail. True apple snails, native to South America, are an invasive species. It is illegal to own them in many countries due to the damage they have on local waterways; they eat plants when not enough other food is available, competing with smaller native wildlife for food, and laying thousands of eggs at a time. Apple snails do live up to their name- adults can grow as big as a large apple and are the main prey of the Snail Kite, a predatory bird. Mystery snails are by far not the same species, despite sometimes being referred to or labeled as apple snails, and they do not grow to such a ridiculous size like their closest relatives.

What’s in a Name?

The Mystery snail is said to be named this because the fully-formed young, hatching mainly in Spring and early Summer, appear off-and-on by the thousands. They are also sometimes called apple snails, spike-topped apple snails, or Inca snails.

Origins of the Mystery Snail

The Mystery snail is native the wetlands of South America; it inhabits slow-moving streams, puddles, ponds, and sometimes swamps. These unique snails are also able to survive out of water for around an hour if not in direct sunlight, so they can easily spread over a large area of ponds or puddles.

Last edited:
I am a writer as well... be very careful of copywrite... I did PM you. The symbol for copy write is included with most font sets...

Copywrite symbol © The format I have used.... is Copywrite © 2019 by Your Name, All Rights Reserved

but here is a great informative Link for Writing them. Learned something new ....

https://termsfeed.com/blog/sample-copyright-notices/

What Genera is this book.
How long will it be.

What you have so far sounds good. I currently have a large blue mystery snail and a horned snail. I could get you pictures if you’re interested.....

What you have so far sounds good. I currently have a large blue mystery snail and a horned snail. I could get you pictures if you’re interested.....

Yes please, I would like that very much! Could you get a picture of the snail, maybe some close-ups, and any old/new injuries for the medical section?

@Jessie The Chicken Lover
I don’t know if these will work, but here’s what I have:
EC1BC06C-FEFA-4529-83A8-17735F058931.jpeg

09316F9B-2C41-4D64-8493-DDFD4D7CCB3B.jpeg

BCAD61E3-D156-44BC-8067-790252260668.jpeg

9A496298-8028-476B-8F10-E70B0CBF9AF8.jpeg

92B7C14C-E0EB-4937-8103-6F0B8477F909.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom