calling any one from missouri

We were there yesterday too.
Show had few less birds then last year but liked the judges a lot better.
Last year it drove me nuts that a lavender Orpington rooster and hen both placed as blue Orpingtons.
This year there was another hen but it was immediately DQ for wrong color.

Hello Missourians!

I am a new chicken keeper, new to BYC, who retired and moved to Mexico, Missouri from the state of California and brought my elderly parents with me. So far so good -- I love it all! However, I am physically working harder than ever now.

I have 4 Rhode Island Red, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Buff Orpington and
4 Easter Eggers. They are all nearly 4 months old. 9 hens/3 roosters; 2 Pekin ducks; 2 chihuahuas.

We live just outside of town in a wonderful, but quirky hundred-year-old farmhouse on 3-1/2 acres. My chickens live in a patched up, lopsided, but sturdy really old chicken house. They free range during daylight hours.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and would possibly be interested in attending a poultry show or swap thing -- just to look of course.

Hi crooked. I've been in Missouri about 4 years now. I live further west than you but do love it in this state. Glad you found a nice historic house and are enjoying life in the show me state :)

Hello Missourians!

I am a new chicken keeper, new to BYC, who retired and moved to Mexico, Missouri from the state of California and brought my elderly parents with me. So far so good -- I love it all! However, I am physically working harder than ever now.

I have 4 Rhode Island Red, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Buff Orpington and
4 Easter Eggers. They are all nearly 4 months old. 9 hens/3 roosters; 2 Pekin ducks; 2 chihuahuas.

We live just outside of town in a wonderful, but quirky hundred-year-old farmhouse on 3-1/2 acres. My chickens live in a patched up, lopsided, but sturdy really old chicken house. They free range during daylight hours.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and would possibly be interested in attending a poultry show or swap thing -- just to look of course.
Welcome to BYC and Missouri. Mexico is a nice town. I used to attend the sheep and goat sales at the sale barn there. I live a strong hour southeast of Mexico.

Hi Crooked chicken, welcome.

Hope everyone entering 2 the state fair did well. That is quite a building to show chickens. One of these days I will get to the fair, maybe next year.

For me it's vacation week and hopefully finally get this coop done. It has taken way too long. It is so wet and muddy out there after yet more rain yesterday. The frame for the roof is together and once I secure the rafters into the holders I'm going to try to get it to slide into place. Hoping my plan works for doing it by myself.

It will be another day of lots of ice water and breaks I'm sure with the steaminess. Hoping for a breeze. Photos so far are in the thread Gramcracker's coop.

Back
Top Bottom