Calling Experienced hatchers in Hawaii

SUCCESS! There has been substantial air cell growth over the last 2 days! I'm going to give it another couple of days, my hygrometer will be here Monday then I can get an actual read on the humidity!

3 of the 10 seem to have stalled, the rest have had good embryo growth since I last looked. And one got ****** that I picked it up, started wiggling around like mad. So with proof of life I put it back lol.
That's great!

The incubator went on lockdown on Saturday, all duds have been removed now I'm just waiting for peepers. The irony is that my hen JUST went broody. Too bad its too late to move them.

Seven out of a dozen are left. one was cracked and started to smell funny so it went on day 3. One had a crack but didn't stall until sometime between days 6 and 9, I left it in until day 12 then removed it as there had been no growth. Two were growing in fits and starts and one had some embryo growth but no air cell, so they stayed in until lock down. The seven that are left were all wiggly when I checked them on day 18, they also had good air cell growth. I'm now obsessively checking the incubator for signs of peepers!

Seven out of a dozen are left. one was cracked and started to smell funny so it went on day 3. One had a crack but didn't stall until sometime between days 6 and 9, I left it in until day 12 then removed it as there had been no growth. Two were growing in fits and starts and one had some embryo growth but no air cell, so they stayed in until lock down. The seven that are left were all wiggly when I checked them on day 18, they also had good air cell growth. I'm now obsessively checking the incubator for signs of peepers!
Lockdown is hard and the time between first pip and zip is excrutiating!!! lol

And we have our first PIP!! Now I'm nervous that the babies not going to pip all the way, how long does that take anyway!

And we have our first PIP!! Now I'm nervous that the babies not going to pip all the way, how long does that take anyway!
Yay! How long before they actually knock a piece of shell off so you can see or how long from pip to zip? lol It can take a while before they make enough progress to knock the shell loose, it can a good 24 hours before they actually hatch...or 12...lol You never know...lol

Back
Top Bottom