Cameo vs Purple hens

Perhaps a different breeder is in order?  Three of us who have experience with these colors agree.  First pic is a Purple hen, second a Purple black shoulder hen.  I don't see anything on the face that tells me there is any green blood in them, perhaps that comes in later.

I used this site http://peafowlimagedatabase.weebly.com/spalding-cameo.html so that I would know what I was looking at & to make sure I was getting what they told me I was paying for. None of the birds posted there are as young as the two I bought, but the face patterning & colouring looked similar to me at the time of purchase. Thanks for straightening me out!

@KsKingBee ...do you think there may be some ID-ing and/or labeling confusion on the Database?
(@uzisuzuki - that's actually our very own forum's Peafowl Image Database so I want to be sure we didn't lead you astray!)

@KsKingBee ...do you think there may be some ID-ing and/or labeling confusion on the Database?
(@uzisuzuki - that's actually our very own forum's Peafowl Image Database so I want to be sure we didn't lead you astray!)

I looked at all the Cameos and Purple pics and I see no mislabeling of any of my pics. It takes time to learn all the subtle nuances involved in ID'ing peafowl, after all there are over 260 different color/patterns to learn. I learned a new one the other day, Cameo Dark Pied. And before you ask, yes, I do. I had called them Cameo split White in the past.

Just got these mature BS hens. Front one has a lot of tan rear is mostly blk. So what color would you all think the front one is?
IMG_20211013_113414758_HDR~2.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but here is a head shot of my Purple hen.
I need to take a photo of my Cameo.

Attachments

• Photo_1637989957520.jpg
    Photo_1637989957520.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom