Camping

Quote:
Where do you stay? I looked at places near Cades Cove, Smokemount, etc. No bath houses, though.

Have you stayed at Oak Mountain State Park before?

We just camped in Cades Cove..Elkmont is my most favorite place to camp,,neither have bathhouses, but they do have bathrooms..just bring a washtub, heat some water and hide in the corner of your tent..

We have a Coleman Bayside Elite popup. It's almost 10 years old, but you wouldn't know it - it has held up very well for us, and we have 3 kids and 4 dogs!

We live in PA but towed it down to Savannah, Georgia once. We usually just go camping somewhere in PA, though. There are so many beautiful areas in PA to camp that it's hard to justify going anywhere else!

We love to camp too! DH says that is why he married me.
love.gif
The night we met I talked about how I owned a camper. He said that is when he knew I was the one!!

So we each owned a bumper pull camper. We sold both of them and bought a newer beautiful fifth wheel we both just love! So we don't exactly rough it, but we have fun.
ya.gif

Quote:
Played with your pic a little... hope you don't mind.

40547_smoky_mtns_002.jpg

Such a beautiful shot!!! Wish I was there right this very second!

Last edited:
Don't mind at all..thats gorgeous!!! But, you don't wish you was there right now..road is closed because of flooding today..it has POURED the rain all day here today...give it a day or so and then some nice fall temps..thats the time to be there..

On my very first camping trip my entire family nearly died. I was 8. We had a slide-in for the truck. It was so small it didn't even have the part that went over the cab. Pop saved us all when he woke up with a headache, tried to lite his pipe and couldn't keep a match lit. We had forgotten to open a vent or window and were nearly out of oxygen! After that we spent a wonderful fall weekend in Vermont.

We have been all over the country since then. We were at Disney World the 2nd day it was open. (they closed the doors the first day and we didnt make it in) We stayed at the Yogi Bear campground there. There were less than a 100 camp sites and nothing to see but orange trees. Sea World, Universal Studios weren't even thought of then.

With my folks, I have been as far south as Okachobee(sp?) Fla, as far north as the Niagra Falls, as far west as Texas, grew up on the coast of NJ so you can't go much furter east, lol.

Mom made sure that each trip had something educational to go along with it. Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, VA. Washington DC. Mystic Seaport, Conn. The Alamo. Along with lots of fun. Crabbing on the chesapeak bay, watching the pony swim at Assateague Island, looking for the Lost River in NH

While in college, I started backpacking and that is the way I still do it now. Though sometimes we take the kayaks out some place in the middle of no where and camp out there.

My whole "camp" weighs 13 lbs not counting water or food. I sleep like a baby in the trees. I've got a Hennesy hammock tent. Bliss.

My husband, he will camp when we take out the kayaks, or take the truck and find a place to pull off the road.

Me, with my 2 feet and a good dog, I can get to places even horses and 4 wheelers can't.

Next summer I plan to walk from where I live outstide of Charlotte up past Ashville to where a friend lives in Waynesville.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom