Can a chicken lay more than one egg a day?

Mine lived.
smile.png

In Emergencies/Diseases, etc. you will find this helpful post from KimClain:

I just HAD to go out and do some research on this... I'm finding many mentions of hens laying two eggs per day. Here is the best site I've found...refer to page 8. It IS possible to have two eggs per day.
http://www.spottedcowpress.ca/chapters/02FemaleAnatomy.pdf

Also the Bible of Chicken Raising, by Gail Damerow, latest edition, has an write-up about the phenomenon. I love this sort of stuff which is written by in-depth researchers who have more than just a cursory knowledge of chickens.

Enjoy!

Clare

Apparently one of my bantams layed two, 4 chickens and 5 eggs today. I'm sure noeggs were missed yesteday when collecting either. We have two Wynadottes, one Rhode Is Rd, and one Cochin and they all just started laying.

One of my EE did that. First day she laid, she laid a small bright blue egg, then an hour later she laid one that was bigger, more grayish blue. After about five weeks laying, now her eggs are greenish blue and a lot bigger than my other EE that started way before her.

smile.png
I have 16 hens and last week I got 24 eggs in one day I normally get 12-15 a day I gave them some worms the day before (Happy Hen Snacks) and so I just laughed and told my husband they were happy so I bought some more of the worms and they have not done it again

Back
Top Bottom