can anyone tell the diff from a polish hen to a rooster

Pics

My chicks are 3 months old - any ideas on sexes? The gold laced is very timid and shy. The gray one is very out going. White and black seems very sweet and enjoys being held.

Update!

I have two hens and one rooster. The black and white started crowing at 4 1/2 months

I can't have roosters where I live and was able to find him a great home. He was the tamest of the three and liked being held.

I can't have roosters where I live and was able to find him a great home. He was the tamest of the three and liked being held.

That's fantastic :D It can sometimes be hard to find them good homes, I'm glad you were able to. I could not give them away last year and I'm afraid I had to cull quite a few of them :(

Can anyone tell if these little ones are Roos or hens? They are about 6 weeks old now....first time with polish chickens ! I'm sure the last one is a rooster as he has wattles already but the others don't...

We have a polish rooster and his tail is much different than the hens. He is getting to be very aggressive so we aren't going to be able to keep him.

We have a polish rooster and his tail is much different than the hens. He is getting to be very aggressive so we aren't going to be able to keep him. 

:welcome

Sorry your not going to be able to keep him but there really is no sense in keeping an aggressive one when so many good ones are out there looking for new homes. How many do you keep?

Polish are the breed focus this week if you fancy popping by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1098899/chicken-breed-focus-polish/0_30

Back
Top Bottom