can anyone tell the diff from a polish hen to a rooster

Pics
80% it's a pullet
big_smile.png

yesss.gif
fl.gif

Lord knows I've had my fair share of roos. Last group of babies, I got 4 out of 5. This group has been 2 out of 8 so far... hoping it stays that way but the polish and silkies are SO tough to figure out.

Thank you!!
big_smile.png

Hello fellow Polish owners! I have my first polish chicken ever and boy are they hard to sex!!! Mine is 10 weeks old and I still have no idea. No comb or wattles evident yet. What do you guys think... Is it a roo or hen???

Sorry looks like two of my pictures didn't load. Ok now what do you think?!?! The suspense is killing me :)

Hello fellow Polish owners! I have my first polish chicken ever and boy are they hard to sex!!! Mine is 10 weeks old and I still have no idea. No comb or wattles evident yet. What do you guys think... Is it a roo or hen???

Hi, Brit01!

Polish are hard to sex. The Frizzle Polish are even harder!

A couple of months have passed since you posted this now. Was it a female? If you're still not sure, post some more recent pics. But, if it's crest has become spikier and a little all over the place and developed a very red wattle, then it's a boy. If it's nice and round and compact with hardly any length or colour in the wattle, then it's a girl. Even so, I bred a Splash Cockeral whose crest was very round at the front but became very long towards the back but only later on, so it was his tendency to play the "Boys' Charge and Stare Game" that gave the game away. Otherwise, with it being so round at the front, it was rather confusing.
hmm.png
The other thing that can be confusing, is their tendency to be late developers in the hackle area.

Good luck!
ChickyChooky
jumpy.gif

Hi, Brit01!

Polish are hard to sex. The Frizzle Polish are even harder!

A couple of months have passed since you posted this now. Was it a female? If you're still not sure, post some more recent pics. But, if it's crest has become spikier and a little all over the place and developed a very red wattle, then it's a boy. If it's nice and round and compact with hardly any length or colour in the wattle, then it's a girl. Even so, I bred a Splash Cockeral whose crest was very round at the front  but became very long towards the back but only later on, so it was his tendency to play the "Boys' Charge and Stare Game" that gave the game away. Otherwise, with it being so round at the front, it was rather confusing. :/ The other thing that can be confusing, is their tendency to be late developers in the hackle area.

Good luck!
ChickyChooky  :jumpy

Thanks for asking... Yep, she turned out to be a she! Wahoo! Hoping for some eggs in another month or so :)

Back
Top Bottom