can anyone tell the diff from a polish hen to a rooster

Pics
hi sorry to impose but ive been having an ongoing battle whether my very hen looking polish is a hen but she crows, shes only 10 weeks but she did it when we had some roo's and still does now. she does have small wattle looking things but im not sure if some polish hens do, my hybrids and bantam hens have some wattle type thing going on.

i did just read that they will crow in place of roo's but i already have a bantam roo and cant have more noise!

hi sorry to impose but ive been having an ongoing battle whether my very hen looking polish is a hen but she crows, shes only 10 weeks but she did it when we had some roo's and still does now. she does have small wattle looking things but im not sure if some polish hens do, my hybrids and bantam hens have some wattle type thing going on. i did just read that they will crow in place of roo's but i already have a bantam roo and cant have more noise!
Hi there :frow I would say you have a roo there if the bird is crowing and those are some very pronounced wattles. It tends just to be the White crested black hens that have very visable wattles and as yours is blue I would say you have a boy there.

hi sorry to impose but ive been having an ongoing battle whether my very hen looking polish is a hen but she crows, shes only 10 weeks but she did it when we had some roo's and still does now. she does have small wattle looking things but im not sure if some polish hens do, my hybrids and bantam hens have some wattle type thing going on. i did just read that they will crow in place of roo's but i already have a bantam roo and cant have more noise!
That crest screams hen to me! But could you maybe post a few more pictures to be sure? A closer one of the head and a side profile would really help us be sure :)

i just dont understand how hens have full round heads and males have spiky, is this breeding gone wrong or something

That crest screams hen to me! But could you maybe post a few more pictures to be sure? A closer one of the head and a side profile would really help us be sure
smile.png

Hi there
frow.gif

I would say you have a roo there if the bird is crowing and those are some very pronounced wattles. It tends just to be the White crested black hens that have very visable wattles and as yours is blue I would say you have a boy there.

sorry my husband took them lol

These are both hens - they are 10 months old and both have been laying. The reddish and black one try's to crow in the morning! I have no roosters

Back
Top Bottom