can anyone tell the diff from a polish hen to a rooster

pics would really help...by now if it was a cockerel it would have 2 long curving tail feathers called sickle feathers, at the base of the tail it would have long slender pointed feathers called hackle feathers, and then the neck would have similar looking feathers just not as long and these are the hackles.

Sorry to impose on your thread topic-I know that these are a mix but am I looking at 2 roosters and a hen? Thank You! They are a few days short of 5 months

Last edited:
Hello,

My wife and I started having chickens last spring. This spring, we decided to add two more to the flock.

We have noticed that our polish crest, Foxy, is developing a different tail than our other hens. We've heard her make some sounds that sound like crows, but we have never owned a rooster to know for sure.

Any thoughts from this picture? We think (but not entirely sure), she/he is 2-3 months old...

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for your response. Yes, that's what we were leaning towards, too!

We may have to look into getting rid of him - our neighbors won't appreciate the noise and we wanted to keep our flock only hens.

Really appreciate the quick response!!

I've got my self 3 polish chicks 2 of them have got flat feathers and the other one has sticking up feather I was just wondering do i have 2 hens and 1 Cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom