Can Bantam Cochins, Silkie and Serama Hens all get along for the winter........

kbell

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 29, 2010
Chickamauga GA
Got a question for the chicken peoples..... I have 2 Bantam Cochin hens, 2 Silkie hens and about 18 Serama hens, my question is will my 10 x 20 be big enough for all of the girls and will they all get along? Don't want any problems, wasn't sure if the Cochins or Silkies would hurt the smaller Seramas. I have some smaller cages that my husband built and I plan on using those for the guys. How much space does a Bantam Cochin and Silkie Roo need? Thanks for any advice you can give. We are scheduled to have our first frost and possible freeze tonight so I am trying to get everyone ready for the winter.

I have a variety of breeds all together in my backyard and then they all sleep in a 10x10 section of the garage. There are no issues. I have Golden buffs, Marans, Welsummer, RIR, Salmon Faverolles, Ameracauna, Call Ducks, Mixed bantams, and Seramas. The only thing I do it restrain my 2 Serama's in a separate crate to keep my Serama rooster from my Bantam rooster.

Do the Cochins and Silkies roost? If they don't the serama could have a safe place on a high roost as they are significantly smaller to get away from the Cochins and Silkies. A similar situation has worked like this for me. I would also have two watering stations and feeders until you are positive they all get along.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom