Can chickens eat left over turkey/or fried chicken???

redrstr29

Songster
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
So i was at the supermarket the other day and some of their fried chicken caught my hungry eyes....long story short by the time i got home it was cold and tasted nasty...I think it would be a shame throwing it away...Can I pick the meat off the bones and throw it in front of the gals???

THANK YOU
ALdo

This is a moral thing, some people wont feed chicken to there girls, as they feel its not right, me personally I feed it to my girls and they love it, also it is a good source of protein, if you want to give it to them then do so

You don't have to pick the meat off of the bones. The chickens are quite proficient at that. We feed ours left over chicken and turkey, among other things.

Chris

I toss bones and all of meats and poultry out to my birds. They clean those things! The protein is also good for them.

thanks everyone, someone I know went hunting and brought me over a tom, I accepted it , lol not knowing the workout involved in cleaning the s.o.b.
he.gif
(he had sooo much fat on him) lol and after all that I cooked him up only kept the breast for soup and threw the rest to the girls (it was like a feeding frenzy) lol

Aldo

Last edited:
I've read that chickens like to eat chicken. I don't think I'll go out of my way to feed it to them, but if it's leftover and convenient they'll probably get some eventually. They're only 4 days old at this point, so only feed for them for a few more days anyway.

how cute congrats on your babies!!! got any pics yet!! Your giving me chick fever lol

Back
Top Bottom