Can chickens eat Loquats? Sorry I got the two mixed up on original sub

That's what I Love about this site! I can search a question and find an answer even from a post made 7 years ago. Thanks!

I'll add a couple questions...
Should I be concerned about the sugar content in the loquats?
Should I be concerned about the over-ripe fallen fruit?
In wouldn’t worry at all. We have an apple tree in our run and the fruit falls and rots all the time. They pick at the fruit, but I’ve never noticed them eating it in excess.

I must have missed that rule. I'll be sure to start a new thread on the same topic going forward. And I'll avoid asking google as it will most likely point me to a thread here.
Actually, I appreciate the updated threads because, like you, I think many of us find these threads from asking google as the search method on this site isn't the clearest, IMO. So, in my case, it was helpful that you posted here. Sorry I can't answer your questions but I will say that I have a loquat tree and have heard that the seeds and leaves are toxic to all animals!

Don't know about chickens but my goats love the leaves!.Goats love leaves and my goat yard has no trees left with leaves low enough for them to to get to. Therefore I put all my prunings in their pen. They will leave store bought food to munch on leaves. The chickens have access to the goat pen and I have not noticed then touching the loquat leaves and the goats have not had any adverse affects from them. The loquat has also been called Japanese Plum. Same sweet flavor with a little more pulp than a plum. The harvest period is short so I Can't see the sugar content to be a problem.
Sorry about posting on an old post. Couldn't help myself.

Back
Top Bottom