Can humans get roundworms from Chickens? I have roundworms😱

Not from eating a chickens eggs who has roundworms- But from picking up worm eggs in soil somehow? I treated my flock for roundworms( i seen in poo and id'd them) in the summer. I now have roundworms? 😳🫨
You have roundworms or your birds do?

That is pretty lousy thing to happen but I think roundworm is pretty easy to cure in people just like in animals. It's more common than you'd think, any soil, sand, or plants that have been contaminated with infected animal feces are accidentally put in the mouth and ingested. I hope you feel better soon! :hugs

That is pretty lousy thing to happen but I think roundworm is pretty easy to cure in people just like in animals. It's more common than you'd think, any soil, sand, or plants that have been contaminated with infected animal feces are accidentally put in the mouth and ingested. I hope you feel better soon! :hugs
Thanks I feel gross! I was reading you cldnt get worms frm chickens, but how is it I hv the exact same worm my flock had😜

I've read that also on certain sites but others say you can. I go with what my folks always told me growing up on the farm: don't eat anything (like vegies, berries, herbs, etc) without a good washing or cooking, always wear shoes and don't touch your face with dirty hands. There's also herbs you can add to your diet that can help make you less inviting to internal parasites, I know ginger is one of them. That's why there's always a few pickled ginger slices in sushi packages.

I've read that also on certain sites but others say you can. I go with what my folks always told me growing up on the farm: don't eat anything (like vegies, berries, herbs, etc) without a good washing or cooking, always wear shoes and don't touch your face with dirty hands. There's also herbs you can add to your diet that can help make you less inviting to internal parasites, I know ginger is one of them. That's why there's always a few pickled ginger slices in sushi packages.
I believe that humans can get roundworms and hookworms from whatever else has them.

Thank you ! Makes perfect sense. Chiken newbie getting learned real quick🤣

Back
Top Bottom