Can I change my mind last minute?

Hatching in the carton or Hatching on the bottom???

• IN the carton (please list why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OUT of the carton (please list why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
I think I might want them to lay down in the bottom instead of in the carton...I don't know why I just woke up with that thought nagging in my head. For some reason I am nervous about them hatching in the carton. I stopped turning Wednesday night and locked down late Wednesday night.

Which is better?

In the carton?

NOT in the carton?

Quote:
In the carton?

I was just sitting here and heard a peep from the bator! One is pipped!!! I am guessing this is the noisy one
tongue.png

But I am setting more eggs next week so I would like to see what people suggest as far as carton or no carton!!

Thank You Katy and abanjaf for your responses!!

I'm not sure it makes too much of a difference really, but IN the carton gives me better peace of mind without the hatched playing bumper cars with the unhatched, lol.

have only incubated once and layed them on bottom no problems ,but I had some 1/2 shells cover up the ends of another shell. But still no problem.

I think you should trust your instincts, but as far as this hatch I'd leave them alone. Next hatch try it without the carton. It's about personal preferrence in the end. Both ways have their pros and cons. I used to hatch them just laying on the bottom, now I hatch in the carton. I only changed to see if it would be an easier cleanup, and it is. I think either way is fine.

Back
Top Bottom