Can I use ivermectin?

Krysthal109

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2023
Hey there, today I noticed one of my girls has what I think is Cecal worms, i was wondering if I could use sone ivermectin pour on that I have on hand, I know it’s normally used for mites, or lice. But can I use ivermectin pour on to treat Cecal worms?

No. Ivermectin would need to be given orally to treat cecal worms. The pour-on has ingredients that should not be ingested.

Ivermectin pour-on enters the blood stream directly. It doesn't reach the worms in a sufficient dose.

No. Ivermectin would need to be given orally to treat cecal worms. The pour-on has ingredients that should not be ingested.

Ivermectin pour-on enters the blood stream directly. It doesn't reach the worms in a sufficient dose.
can I use the safeguard made for horses then? And would I have to deworm my whole flock? Thanks.

Yes, Safeguard is Fenbendazole and the actually only 'approved' treatment for cecal worms.

And yeah. Chickens poop out the worm eggs and the other chickens get it. If one has them, it's likely they all have them.
Thank you! And one more question, not to waste your time. How much horse safeguard would I give them. I’ve seen people online say a pea sized dose. But I’m not too sure.

Back
Top Bottom