can rabbits eat laying pellets

alfalfa hay is a perfect food for rabbits if you can get it or buy rabbitt pellets for your bunnies.

Feeding grain will not harm a rabbit.
I gave grain to rabbits for years not one had a health problem..
If you look in the book Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits ( author Bob Bennet )there is a all grain mix that the former president of the American Rabbit Breeders Association Oren Reynolds had shared with Bob Bennett.
6 quarts oats
1 quart wheat
1 quart sunflower seeds
1 quart barley
1 quart kaffir corn (when available)

Add 1 quart Terramycin to mixture once a week.
Feed one parts of this mixture to three parts rabbit pellets.
I use the mixture and I like it.. I feed 3/4 cups rabbit pellets in the morning and 1/4 cup grain mix at night.

Chris

Why feed anitibiotics unless they're needed?

Routine Preventive Medicine.
A lot of breeders believe that a recovered rabbit often don't perform like a rabbit that never got sick..
So the best thing to do is keep them from getting sick in the fist place. Just like people get the flue shot..

Chris​

Quote:
The problem with laying pellets is much more than grain vs. legume. Laying pellets are high in calcium. You can poison your rabbit with too much calcium. They need very little of that in their diet.

Quote:
Routine Preventive Medicine.
A lot of breeders believe that a recovered rabbit often don't perform like a rabbit that never got sick..
So the best thing to do is keep them from getting sick in the fist place. Just like people get the flue shot..

Chris

That kind of thing is what leads to antibiotic resistance. I don't know a single breeder who uses antibiotics this way.

I didnt say that laying pellets was good. I said that it isnt the grain that is bad.
Yes rabbit pellet is lower in calcium than layer about 1/2 as much calcium in rabbit pellets than in layer...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom