Can somebody help me sex my african geese?

Peachii

In the Brooder
May 6, 2019
Can someone please help me sex my african geese? This is my first time having them. They are about 6-8 weeks old. I was thinking the 2 in front might be ganders but it's hard for me to tell.

1000003436.jpg
1000003429.jpg

this is just a guess but a somewhat educated guess from my experience with having more than one gander I think you may have 3. (picture 2, possible ganders :
at 7 o clock, 9 o clock, and 3 o clock. )
I could be wrong!! I never had Africans

hey I wonder ! >> has anyone made a video of them honking>>males sound vs females sound? I can make one of my pilgrims. I wonder do the different geese breeds have different sounding honks?
Ganders will have a longer neck, but your best bet is listening to them honk when they've developed more. Ganders have a high pitched "squeal" and tend to be more chatty, geese have a deeper honk.

hey I wonder ! >> has anyone made a video of them honking>>males sound vs females sound? I can make one of my pilgrims. I wonder do the different geese breeds have different sounding honks?
This is a good idea! I'll get a video of my Chinese and hybrids. They do sound quite different in my experience. All of them seem to follow the general rule of high pitched = gander, low = goose, but they have very different "voices".

What’s hilarious is you could tell their gender by their color anyway, pilgrim gander‘s are white and the geese are gray plus Trudy bites Charlie in the tail… so yes, the breeds are very different because with my Pilgrims, the goose is much chattier and higher voice than the gander

Back
Top Bottom