Can you eat the first egg from a chicken?

OK, I buy the need to have them off the medicated feed, but I make a lot of pancakes, and I make sure that the frying pan is at the right temp. No need to throw the first one away. I thought that maybe that was some sort of a superstition.
lol.png

Quote:
I usually burn the first two so I dont have to worry!!!!LOL

And this is why the Princess is not allowed to make pancakes.
lol.png

Okay, since I can see Sour is in a troublemaking mood tonight I'm going to step in here for a sec.

My DH, grew up on a farm, been around chickens his whole life, swore up and down that you couldn't eat "pullet eggs". One of the first questions I ever asked on BYC way back when was about that very thing. DH said his mama didn't eat pullet eggs, his mama's mama didn't eat pullet eggs, his mama's mama's mama....
roll.png
Come on BYC, asked my ?, turns out you can eat pullet eggs!!!

Am I going to argue with DH, the country boy? Heck no. My mama may have raised a fool, but it was long before I was born. I lied to him. Bought some store bought brown eggs, fed them to the dogs, fed DH the pullet eggs, told him the next day what I had done.
tongue2.gif

Now for the pancakes. You heat your griddle. When you think it's to the right temp. you go to your sink and run some water on your hand. Shake your hand in the direction of the griddle, so that at least one drop of water lands on the griddle. If the bead of water dances before disappearing, the griddle is ready.

And if the first pancake still comes out bad? You feed it to the chickens.
tongue.png

you can, but i aint gonna lie, i wanted to puke with the first one.

i dont know why, it just totally grossed me out. even now sometimes if i get a really wattery one, i kinda have to choke it down.
lau.gif

Troublemaking Mood?
rant.gif
Gritty, honest I was just trying to learn something. 70 is not too old to keep on learning.

Quote:
hugs.gif

Go tell the princess you just got a hug from a muchyounger woman. See how much trouble that causes. (If we had a kissey smiley I'd give you one of those too).

I ate the first egg as soon as I had photographed it in a pretty bowl (even though it looked pretty much like, well, an egg). Not watery, quite good, scrambled in butter. But the best memory was just finding the egg, in the nest box, right where it was supposed to be, after deciding that the girls were not going to lay until after the winter solstice.
I admire people who are not jealous. I'm a green eyed monster, myself. Not my best quality.

Back
Top Bottom