Can you help me identify?

wallace

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 17, 2007
Just got these from a feed shop. Two seem to be sisters. They have speckled faces, and you can see their coloration.

I'm not sure if the two grey ones are sisters or not. They both have bellies that are a yellowish white. But one has more yellow/white patchiness on top while the other is more uniformly charcoal on top.

chicks2bw5.jpg

chicks1mv4.jpg

Any ideas what these might be?

Also, they came with copper bands on their wings. Is anyone familiar with these, so that they could tell me the most stress-free way to remove these?

I am assuming they are large breeds, not bantams?
The one with the white spot on the head looks like a barred rock, I am not realy all that sure on the others tho. The black one could be a Black star maybe?? I can never tell what the striped ones are as there are way too many of those that look the same:rolleyes:

Thanks. Yeah, they're large breeds.

I'm hoping both the gray ones are barred rocks, and that the one just doesn't have much patchiness. She still has the white tummy, and some white on her face around her eyes. The store had other gray ones, but these two were the only ones of about the same size, so I was hoping they are sisters.

I don't understand - these bands actually go through the wings? I'm trying to take the first one off, and it's not around the wing like I thought it was. It's through the wing. Is that right?

Okay, I got it. Man, that was stressing me out. The last thing I want to do is break one of their wings.

Thanks.

Well, according to McMurray Hatchery - striped leg a chipmunk is Brown Leghorn. So I think I have two of those.

Back
Top Bottom