CAN YOU HELP ME?

I have an old leghorn hen (laying eggs) that looks exactly like yours, with a big flopping crest and decent wattles (not so big, but the crest, yep a female can have this). The lack of spurs would be suspicious, but if is really 4 Months old, seem too much young for all that red in the head

If is a male will start to sing soon
he's already singing

I have an old leghorn hen (laying eggs) that looks exactly like yours, with a big flopping crest and decent wattles (not so big, but the crest, yep a female can have this). The lack of spurs would be suspicious, but if is really 4 Months old, seem too much young for all that red in the head

If is a male will start to sing soon
Crests are a dome of feathers on the head that is caused by a skull deformity and bred for ornamental purposes (see breeds like the Polish for reference), while the red spiked protrusion coming out of a chicken's head is called a comb. You are meaning a comb, not a crest. The cock-a-doodle-doo noise that males produce is called a crow, not singing. Also, no chicken will lack spurs ever because all genders, breeds, and ages of chickens have spurs, whether it be spur nubs are fully-developed ones.

Back
Top Bottom