Can you tell if my chicken is a hen or a rooster by her wing?

Yeah, this is one reason we normally suggest you start with three, not two, as a minimum.

So how to get rid of him since you are not allowed males. You can always try Craigslist, assuming you are in the US. You can look for other pullets there too. But accept that once you let him go you no longer have control of him. His fate is out of your hands.

You might find your State or Country thread in the "Where an I? Where are you!" section of this forum and chat with your neighbors. There is no telling what kind of help they can give you, either taking him or getting new pullets.

we got our chickens from tractor supply store, who gave us four minium. One of my friends really wanted two chicks so she has the other two. If we go back to tractor supply to get another i don't know if we could get past the '4 limit' sign.

How would we get the chicken to the people on craigslist? Would we have to meet up with them to exchange the chicken?

Next time you get birds with a min. and want to share, get 6 so you can split them into threes. You might ask the manager at Tractor Supply if you can get 2 more instead of 4. (most folks will recommend you never keep just 2, for the very reason you've just discovered-if something happens to one of them, such as it being a cockerel or one dies, you now have a single bird).

Back
Top Bottom