Can you weigh some feed for me please?

You'd have to compare the same brand of feed to be accurate... more crumbles will fit in a cup and weigh more than the same volume of pellets if they are the same kind of feed. Different feeds though will have different formulas and thus different weights for the same volume.

If you have a small flock and can find a scoop that holds a quarter pound, you can know a scoop per chicken per day is about right.

By weight, a one quart chicken feeder holds near perfectly the daily amount of feed for FIVE LF.

BabyChickfeeder%20(2).jpg

I have crumble, pelleted layer, pelleted feather fixer, pelleted gamebird/showbird and scratch grain.
What I don't have is a scale. But I might be able to find one.

You'd have to compare the same brand of feed to be accurate... more crumbles will fit in a cup and weigh more than the same volume of pellets if they are the same kind of feed. Different feeds though will have different formulas and thus different weights for the same volume.

If you have a small flock and can find a scoop that holds a quarter pound, you can know a scoop per chicken per day is about right.

By weight, a one quart chicken feeder holds near perfectly the daily amount of feed for FIVE LF.

BabyChickfeeder%20(2).jpg
Thanks. I'm looking for averages...close guesstimates.

What kind of feed do you use? Can you weigh 1, 2 and 3 cups worth for me?

Thanks. I'm looking for averages...close guesstimates.

What kind of feed do you use? Can you weigh 1, 2 and 3 cups worth for me?

I will try when I get home... I might have thrown out my scale because it was not accurate and I was annoyed :barnie I currently have a bag of Flock Raiser Crumbles and a bag of scratch.

Interesting side note... I tend to switch feed depending what feed store I'm at and what is in stock. I was having a problem with one bird with thin shells, and I wasn't sure which feed may have been the culprit, so I looked at your feed chart to see which feed had the highest amount of calcium, and it was the one they were currently eating. So I was getting thin shells on a higher calcium feed. I switched back to Flock Raiser which is a bit more expensive even though it had a lower amount of calcium and no more thin shells. :idunno So maybe it's not just about the amount of calcium but the overall formula because other things that may aid (or prohibit) calcium absorption/metabolism.

Back
Top Bottom