Canada geese

Glad to know someone knows when Stromberg starts selling their goslings. All it says is "out of season" and no other info. They never did answer my email asking about it either. Do you know when in March they start selling? Beginning of? End of?

I called them and they said you can pre order any time. I just didn't want $300 out of my account for months. So if you really want to put your order in now call them.

$300 for Canada geese ? I don't think so
1f631.png

Last edited:
I had an injured canada goose show up at my place a few weeks ago. It was either injured in the wild and decided to rest with my ducks or (what I think is the most plausible) someone had it for a pet, it hurt its leg and they dumped it at my place b/c of all the birds I have. It's very tame as in you can approach it and throw treats to it, and shows no intention of leaving. I have not penned it up or shut it in anything, nor do I plan to do so, but it never leaves my ducks' side. If it wants to stay and sit on the little pond I'm building then so be it but I don't want to force it to stay if its truly wild. I can say that so far, it has been very cool having it decide to live with us.

I had an injured canada goose show up at my place a few weeks ago. It was either injured in the wild and decided to rest with my ducks or (what I think is the most plausible) someone had it for a pet, it hurt its leg and they dumped it at my place b/c of all the birds I have. It's very tame as in you can approach it and throw treats to it, and shows no intention of leaving. I have not penned it up or shut it in anything, nor do I plan to do so, but it never leaves my ducks' side. If it wants to stay and sit on the little pond I'm building then so be it but I don't want to force it to stay if its truly wild. I can say that so far, it has been very cool having it decide to live with us.
That's so cool yes just let it stay of it's own accord and then your not breaking the law. Pics when you can.

Canada geese can be easily tamed, and do become quite friendly if hand raised. However, do check with your states laws and regulations on keeping them. Strombergs can sell them to anyone, however that does not necessarily mean they are legal to keep in your state. Here in Maine it is illegal to posses any native species, and obtaining permits is incredibly difficult. Some states may have special rules on keeping them, such as they must be pinioned, or kept in an enclosed pen. Just a thought!

Back
Top Bottom