Canada geese

They make great pets and if your getting domesticated stock I doubt you would see the wild side come out. I would say in my experience that getting goslings that you can imprint and raise up with you and surroundings does help. I've gotten them as adults and they were a little more timid then the gosling turned out to be but a little food always wins them over. Think of how many parks you go to and they are wild geese but beg like dogs to eat and they usually don't go far from the park. The care is a lot like domestic ones but I would give them plenty of room and green grass if you have multiple pairs. Just my input but I've had a lot of wild geese breeds and I've treated them just like I would any other geese breeds. Clean water good grass and keep them safe and u should be just fine

They make great pets and if your getting domesticated stock I doubt you would see the wild side come out. I would say in my experience that getting goslings that you can imprint and raise up with you and surroundings does help. I've gotten them as adults and they were a little more timid then the gosling turned out to be but a little food always wins them over. Think of how many parks you go to and they are wild geese but beg like dogs to eat and they usually don't go far from the park. The care is a lot like domestic ones but I would give them plenty of room and green grass if you have multiple pairs. Just my input but I've had a lot of wild geese breeds and I've treated them just like I would any other geese breeds. Clean water good grass and keep them safe and u should be just fine
Ok thanks for the info I have noticed that the local Canada geese stay around until spring when they usually move north back to where they breed

Ya they do migrate but that's them following there flock and being truly wild geese. Try to find some that have been domesticated for a couple generations and they will be pinioned anyway just like any other wild fowl it's the law. What breed of Canadian geese are you looking to get? I think the giants are very cool and awesome to have around.

Ya they do migrate but that's them following there flock and being truly wild geese. Try to find some that have been domesticated for a couple generations and they will be pinioned anyway just like any other wild fowl it's the law. What breed of Canadian geese are you looking to get? I think the giants are very cool and awesome to have around.
I would be happy with any kind LOL i like the interior variety and what ever the bird in this picture is nice also

There is a breeder that sells giant canadas in the summer he lives in Beloit wi and hour south of me. i got a young pair from him in 2014 . and for not hand raising them myself they are very tame and will eat out of my hand and follow me. I love the canada goose breed i cant wait till they are older so i can get some eggs and goslings. he was also selling emus and trumpeter swans. I couldnt find his add on craigslist anymore where I originally found it i wand to get some more from strombergs i was in the waiting list last year but they had a bad hatch and had to cancel my order.

I really like the giants I want to get a couple pairs but the shipping is way to much so in trying to find goslings. When does stromberg offer them I haven't seen it availble yet

There is a breeder that sells giant canadas in the summer he lives in Beloit wi and hour south of me. i got a young pair from him in 2014 . and for not hand raising them myself they are very tame and will eat out of my hand and follow me. I love the canada goose breed i cant wait till they are older so i can get some eggs and goslings. he was also selling emus and trumpeter swans. I couldnt find his add on craigslist anymore where I originally found it i wand to get some more from strombergs i was in the waiting list last year but they had a bad hatch and had to cancel my order.
The only thing is I live in Texas

Back
Top Bottom