Canada geese

Why would you want to?
I don't want to be in any violation of any laws, thats why I tried to run it off a few times. The IL DNR is pretty strict and I don't need the hassle. But it won't leave. If the DNR were to come get it they'd put it down, if thats gonna happen I'd just as soon eat it. I'm going to let it stay until the law comes around tho.

Last edited:
I don't want to be in any violation of any laws, thats why I tried to run it off a few times. The IL DNR is pretty strict and I don't need the hassle. But it won't leave.
As long as your not penning it up what can you do? it's staying under it's on choice.Did you bring it there? if not how can you be in any trouble? But I'd call a rescue or rehabber before killing it. seems such a shame. wonder if a hunter shot off it's wing.

Why would you want to?if it's wing is missing it couldn't fly if it wanted to. sure looks like it has settled in.
It has its wings, it was limping when it showed up but no other visible signs of injury. It flies around my yard but instead of walking but it never leaves and I never shut it up in a pen or anything. It all boils down to will I get into trouble.

It has its wings, it was limping when it showed up but no other visible signs of injury. It flies around my yard but instead of walking but it never leaves and I never shut it up in a pen or anything. It all boils down to will I get into trouble.
I was thinking it had a missing wing must be another member. I would look into a water fowl rescue or rehabber there has to be some around .

As long as your not penning it up what can you do? it's staying under it's on choice.Did you bring it there? if not how can you be in any trouble? But I'd call a rescue or rehabber before killing it. seems such a shame. wonder if a hunter shot off it's wing.
Honestly I really have no idea how it got here, but its here. I don't think it was shot. I goose hunt and didn't see anything obvious on its leg but then again it won't let me grab it to look. The limp was gone after about a week but now it seems fine and super attached to my ducks. I'm just gonna let it roll. Maybe next fall the migrating geese call overhead will be too much for its instincts to let it stay, just going to enjoy it while its here.

Honestly I really have no idea how it got here, but its here. I don't think it was shot. I goose hunt and didn't see anything obvious on its leg but then again it won't let me grab it to look. The limp was gone after about a week but now it seems fine and super attached to my ducks. I'm just gonna let it roll. Maybe next fall the migrating geese call overhead will be too much for its instincts to let it stay, just going to enjoy it while its here.
One spring we had a really long late cold spell with snow and ice staying, we live along a mountain river and Canadas fly over in the morning and late evening, One morning I look out the kitchen window and there on the hill behind my house we're 2 Canada's I think they were flying over and saw my goose and ducks and stopped in to see what there was to eat. I offered some scratch they accepted stayed around most of the morning then left they were back the next morning then that was the last time they visited. I think it maybe the pair that nests on an island in the river down below. It was an exciting time for me and my flock they didn't quite know what to make of these 2 that flew in. lol

thumbsup.gif

I have a newly-hatched Canadian Gosling. It is so adorable and sweet, and has already imprinted. The only problem is food. No stores near me sell Goose Feed, and I did some research and was wondering what I should feed it? Will turkey food or chicken food work? For now it eats anything green and cheerios, which of course it can't live off of forever.

Back
Top Bottom