Canadians check in here....

HI-DEE-HO!!!

I'm from near Kingston, Ontario. Out in boonie land though. Can you believe the snow new york is getting? Usually it's us. I feel bad for them, but I'm thrilled it's let us escape so much!! I guess I better not count my chickens though eh? It's probebly not over yet. Come on SPRING!!!
cool.png

Oh!!! It is so nice to see other Ontariens here!!! I won't be the only one whining about snow!!!

Meganequine...I'm not sure of any brahma breeders here, but on the ez-board there is a person by the name of "LittleChickenRacingTeam" who is in ontario and from some of the pics I've seen I think she has a wide variety. Have you been to the other board as well?

Scrptex...I've been to Cetreville before!!! My Dh and I do "road trip" days and I'm sure we have been through there!

Last edited:
Hello fellow Canucks!

I am a very new member and i don't have any chickens yet. quite frankly i just have no idea where to get them as i am, and have always been *sniff* a city girl.

I live in Ottawa and i am planning my foray into the wonderful world of urban chicken keeping! I will be building my tractor this weekend and Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction for aquiring chicks or pullets.

This looks like a wonderful place and i am starting to get excited about raising a hen or 2.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Hi Sarah, try looking under "Feed Stores" in the yellow pages.They would know who has chicks for sale or who to ask. Or even contacting a TSC store(it's a country store) they sell animal feed and the TSC store sells day old chicks of certain breeds. Or try looking at a McMurray Hatchery online catalogue(they have pics!) to see what you would prefer to have, but order from a Canadian hatchery or you will end up paying thru the nose for them to cross the border. Roblyn Erie Hatchery might be your best bet, they are in the Perth Area I think. PS don't get the "Meat Kings" as a backyard pet or a layer, they are not ment to lay and they are meant to be slaughtered before 4 mths of age and they tend to have heart attacks because of the quick growth.

Back
Top Bottom