Canadians check in here....

Northern Alberta here
smile.png

Hi, I think I am the only one from Halifax NS. I haven't got chickens yet because I have to have the coop and pen done and ready for them before they arrive.
Is anyone out there in my neck of the woods and what type of chickens do you have?

I'm on Vancouver Island in B.C. - ANYONE know of anywhere else other than Rochester that has a good selection of Heritage breeds OR good breeders in B.C. where I can get some young pullets?????

I want to add up to 10 layers to my flock and would like Heritage breeds......anyone???? Help!????

I'm in Marion Bridge, Nova Scotia on five acres overlooking the Mira River. We also had chickens about 20 years ago when we lived in Sooke, British Columbia on half an acre. I believe everyone should be allowed to have six chickens even if they live in the city. I'd take chickens next door over a dog any day.
We now have 35 chickens, one rooster, and two muscovy ducks, the female of which is now setting on about 14 eggs which are due to hatch in about two and a half weeks. We also have two shih tzus.

Where are you from on Vancouver Island CCR?

Back
Top Bottom