Canadians check in here....

We lost our sweetest little Cochin today. Came home to find her mauled to death by the neighbours dog. Nothing left but a leg and feathers. Our family is devasted. We just put our 12 year old dog down a few days ago and now this. I feel awful for my kiddos :(
The idiot neighbour didn't even care. Rarely do I completely lose it on people the way I did today. Sorry for the vent, other people really don't understand just how much of a family member our chicks are :(

If it comes back, which he will, cage and take him to a shelter....if you're not able to do anything else with him
wink.png
Personally, I'd like to do that to the owners.

We lost our sweetest little Cochin today. Came home to find her mauled to death by the neighbours dog. Nothing left but a leg and feathers. Our family is devasted. We just put our 12 year old dog down a few days ago and now this. I feel awful for my kiddos
sad.png

The idiot neighbour didn't even care. Rarely do I completely lose it on people the way I did today. Sorry for the vent, other people really don't understand just how much of a family member our chicks are
sad.png

So sorry to hear that.
sad.png
And it's ok to vent. We chicken people understand.
hugs.gif
At least you don't have chickens problems with your family. I'm still suspicious that my own older (20's) cousin might have killed/eaten my favorite frizzle pullet last year. He said that she was sick, but we only left for a week and she was in perfect health before we left. We don't trust him with chickens anymore. It seems like every time we left him with the chickens at least one would disappear. And to top it off, it was always our young cockerels or pullets disappearing.

We lost our sweetest little Cochin today. Came home to find her mauled to death by the neighbours dog. Nothing left but a leg and feathers. Our family is devasted. We just put our 12 year old dog down a few days ago and now this. I feel awful for my kiddos
sad.png

The idiot neighbour didn't even care. Rarely do I completely lose it on people the way I did today. Sorry for the vent, other people really don't understand just how much of a family member our chicks are
sad.png
Well, I'm sure there must be some law against the neighbors dog being a predator on your property. Possibly turning him in would make him "care" that your animals are being slaughtered.
Personally, I went and spoke w neighbors who's dogs are loose. ( we live in farmland mountains, most dogs are loose but not a problem. ) I explain that their dogs are awesome on their property, but on MY property they are predators of my family food and pets. I work very hard to keep them safe and will kill anything that tries to get in the way of that. Period.
Maybe I'm a *******, but that neighbor would be compensating me for that chicken, OR I'd turn him in to the police then shoot the dog when it returns anyway. End of Problem. ******* neighbor learns valuable lesson. You may have to live with shooting a dog that just has a dumb owner, but your hens will be there in the morning :)

I'm so behind in this thread!

I wanted to thank everyone who PM'd me about the seramas. I'm actually focusing on Bantam Silver-Laced Wyandottes right now (along with my Japanese Coturnix quail). So if anyone in the Ottawa area is keeping the same & would like to do some trading let me know. I'm also hoping to get into Swedish Flower Hens & maybe D'uccles.

Also, hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

This is what I found in my nestbox yesterday...

If
I'm so behind in this thread! I wanted to thank everyone who PM'd me about the seramas. I'm actually focusing on Bantam Silver-Laced Wyandottes right now (along with my Japanese Coturnix quail). So if anyone in the Ottawa area is keeping the same & would like to do some trading let me know. I'm also hoping to get into Swedish Flower Hens & maybe D'uccles. Also, hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! This is what I found in my nestbox yesterday...
if you have no luck locally, I can pass along some sfh and d'uccle breeder names to you in S. Ont who might be able to help you out?

Back
Top Bottom