Canadians check in here....

Pics
I see there are a few of us with Chanteclers. I had a great challenge locating Chanteclers in Western Canada, but finally found Yvonne and Jim in Kamloops:

http://www.cherrycreekcanadians.ca/chanteclers.htm

They don't ship eggs, but we picked up some Partridge Chantecler eggs from them last spring. Only 4 hatched from our batch of 42 eggs. There was a problem with a young rooster! We will hatch again this coming spring.

My husband and I love the breed! They are a joy to watch and their colouring is absolutely beautiful.

HI All

I was in contact with Preservation Genetic 2 weeks ago and as far as I know they plan on taking orders for next spring.
I sure hope so because they are awesome to deal with.
big_smile.png

For all you Chantecler fans out there, there is a new group called the Chantecler Fanciers International. It's not very big yet but there is a lot of awesome info and knowledgeable Chantecler folks .

http://groups.msn.com/ChanteclerFanciersInternational/messageboard

Any maritimers coming to the Peticodiac show this weekend?
I'm hoping to get some more feathered friends
big_smile.png

N:yiipchick

Last edited:
Quote:
Yay!! Someone close!! I'm between Chatham and Tilbury!!!!

Oh that's awesome! I thought I was the only one down here.
I see you "miss the north"...I'm from the Sudbury area, been down here ten years.

O bother, and then there is me on the durham york line (we like to call it dork-line) and the GTA with a ban on all poultry.

lol.png
silly me
lol.png

Quote:
Yay!! Someone close!! I'm between Chatham and Tilbury!!!!

I see you "miss the north"...I'm from the Sudbury area, been down here ten years.

I used to live near Timmins. Moved to LaSalle for 4 years, now out in the country for a year now and loving it. It makes not miss the north so much. I really missed the north when I lived in LaSalle.

Quote:

O bother, and then there is me on the durham york line (we like to call it dork-line) and the GTA with a ban on all poultry.

lol.png
silly me
lol.png

Where about's are you pimpdaddywrinkles? We are about 25 mins north east of Oshawa, past Bowmanville.
smile.png

Quote:

lol.png
silly me
lol.png

Where about's are you pimpdaddywrinkles? We are about 25 mins north east of Oshawa, past Bowmanville.
smile.png

hwy 7 and dork-line my son has a friend whos dad lives in Bowmanville.

you are about an hour away. I have a chicken neighbor!

Back
Top Bottom