Canadians check in here....

Pics
Quote:
I was raised 'down south', but lived in Iroquois Falls for 7 years. I love it and miss it--nothing competes to the beauty, wildness and remoteness of the north.

Have you gotten used to the planes flying overhead every two minutes in LaSalle? Drove me crazy!!!!

Good luck in keeping chickens in LaSalle, I have a friend on Malden who's neighbour used to keep chickens, got out of them a few years ago though.

Quote:
Nice to meet you chickendreamer!
Hey, my hometown is Timmins, now I live near North Bay. I like the North but have a hard time in winter:>)

I LOVED the winters up there--can't say the same thing for down here
sad.png

I prefer dry winters with snow over wet winters with ice any day.
The planes drive me crazy as well....
I lived in Timmins proper for a few years on Balsam St. and my dad was out in Matheson.
What I find the worst about this area is it is never quiet down here...I can never be alone. Oh and the 2% remaining forestation (none of which I'm allowed to walk through) ...and no lakes fit to enter.....sigh.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, I'm going to stouffville tomorrow to try and find 2 Ameraucana hens at the flee market.

Are you going to the Markham fair next week?

There is a guy advertising on kijiji about a variety of different birds, I believe he has ameracaunas--he is also going to the Mount Forest sale in October. IMO, that sale is worth going to!!!

Quote:
Thanks, I'm going to stouffville tomorrow to try and find 2 Ameraucana hens at the flee market.

Wish I could! It's 2 of my kids birthdays that weekend so our weekend is tied up with b-day parties
lol.png

We have a guy in Bowmanville who has pretty much any breed of chickens/ducks/turkeys etc. you can get. We got our duck eggs from there and hopefully next year going to get some more different breeds of chickens after I get my hubby to build me some more coops!
smile.png

Quote:

Wish I could! It's 2 of my kids birthdays that weekend so our weekend is tied up with b-day parties
lol.png

We have a guy in Bowmanville who has pretty much any breed of chickens/ducks/turkeys etc. you can get. We got our duck eggs from there and hopefully next year going to get some more different breeds of chickens after I get my hubby to build me some more coops!
smile.png

Where?.... He's not up off Baseline is he? There's a guy who sells chicks, chickens, eggs, etc. off baseline.

Quote:
lol.png

smile.png

Where?.... He's not up off Baseline is he? There's a guy who sells chicks, chickens, eggs, etc. off baseline.

Hi chick_a_dee! Yes, they are off of Baseline Rd, on Green Rd. A friend of mine who is also on this forum and lives in :)Bowmanvile just got some chickens from them as well
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom