Canadians check in here....

Hi, so this might be a little off topic but I figured this forum was the most fitting place to put it.

Basically, I have a school project where I need to interview someone who lived in Canada in 1967 so if you fall into that age range/know someone who would like to answer a few questions about their life please DM me :)

Here are the questions you’d answer.
  1. Where did you live in 1967? Describe that place.
  2. How old were you in 1967? What did you do (work, go to school ...)?
  3. Were your parents or grandparents immigrants? If so, did they experience racism?
  4. Did you notice certain minorities not being accepted within society?
  5. Do you recall any event which impacted you during the Cold War?
  6. Did you and your family celebrate national holidays, such as Canada Day (Dominion Day)? If yes, how did you celebrate such a day? If no, why not? Note that year (1967) marked Canada's centennial anniversary. Did you celebrate Canada's 150th (2017) anniversary in any way? How? Or why not?
  7. What has stayed the same for you in Canada since 1967? What has changed for you in Canada?
  8. What is something about living in Canada in 1967 that you miss?
  9. What - in your opinion - makes up the Canadian cultural identity?
  10. Do you have a favourite place you’ve visited in Canada?
  11. What predictions do you have about the future of Canadian society?
Please include a short autobiographical paragraph about yourself and answer with more than yes/no. Thanks!

Hi, so this might be a little off topic but I figured this forum was the most fitting place to put it.

Basically, I have a school project where I need to interview someone who lived in Canada in 1967 so if you fall into that age range/know someone who would like to answer a few questions about their life please DM me :)

3. Were your parents or grandparents immigrants? If so, did they experience racism?
  6. Did you and your family celebrate national holidays, such as Canada Day (Dominion Day)? If yes, how did you celebrate such a day? If no, why not? Note that year (1967) marked Canada's centennial anniversary. Did you celebrate Canada's 150th (2017) anniversary in any way? How? Or why not?
  7. What has stayed the same for you in Canada since 1967? What has changed for you in Canada?
Please include a short autobiographical paragraph about yourself and answer with more than yes/no. Thanks!
Wish I could help you, but I was born in '67 so don't remember any of that!

UPDATE: I have found someone to interview :) thanks!

Hope everyone that got hit by that massive storm last week in Ontario/Quebec and other parts East made it through okay!

I had two incubators going, one in lockdown. May have lost those, and it looks like I lost the goose eggs in the other. :( My duck eggs (two batches) seem to have mostly pulled through though. Keeping my fingers crossed for them.

The sensor in my furnace is broken, but I had the brilliant idea of using my propane stovetop to heat the trailer, and it worked! It also allowed me to heat water for a hot-water-bottle and kept my week-old chicks nice and toasty warm.

Quebec here
smile.png

Norma
Hi Norma! Quebec here as well!

Back
Top Bottom