Canadians check in here....

Howdy folks,

Just new here and new to raising chickens. We have 10, day old laying hens arriving April 21/22 and are very excited to begin our experience. Our three young children will have lots of fun as well I'm sure. We are located in Ontario about an hour south of Ottawa around Kemptville. If anyone else is in this area, would love to here about your experiences with anything that is relevant locally. Open to any other helpful tips from everyone as well. Thanks!

I am new as well and my babies arrive on April 20th. Excited and nervous!!

Muskoka, Ontario
1f604.png

I'm in Manilla, Ontario. It's about a 1/2 hour north of Oshawa

We are in Brooklin so not far. Just starting out our flock. So far have 3 Silkies, 3 Cochins, 2 Australorps, one chick that I think might be a leghorn and hoping to add 3 Rhode Island Reds next week!

Just checking in! I'm outside Grand Valley Ontario, Dufferin county, west of Orangeville/Shelburn area. Just picked up our first 6 girls a few days ago, Polish, Orpington, Bramhas, Sussex and a Cochin. All about 10 months to a year old.

For anyone in Ontario looking for different breeds then the regular feedstore variety, look for any Fur and Feather shows in your area. That's where we got ours, so many vendors with so many different birds! If you look up the Saugeen Valley Fur and Feather on Facebook, they have a few different sales in the area coming up!

Just checking in! I'm outside Grand Valley Ontario, Dufferin county, west of Orangeville/Shelburn area. Just picked up our first 6 girls a few days ago, Polish, Orpington, Bramhas, Sussex and a Cochin. All about 10 months to a year old.

For anyone in Ontario looking for different breeds then the regular feedstore variety, look for any Fur and Feather shows in your area. That's where we got ours, so many vendors with so many different birds! If you look up the Saugeen Valley Fur and Feather on Facebook, they have a few different sales in the area coming up!

I'm hoping to go to the fur and feather show Saturday at burls creek
1f60a.png

I'm hoping to go to the fur and feather show Saturday at burls creek
1f60a.png

Bring boxes! And get there early! We were at the Mount Forest one for 7am, and it was already packed! I did a loop around checking out all the vendors before deciding, and glad I did! I found one that had more variety and much better looking birds then anyone else! And if you want chicks, most of the people had them in their trailers or cars to stay warm, so couldn't tell they had chicks unless you asked.

Back
Top Bottom