Canadians check in here....

I'm in Cape Breton , Nova Scotia
big_smile.png

SW Ontario here!
looking for Standard Cornish and White Rock hatching eggs! anyone out there have any??

cheers!

Quote:
Where id SW Ont? I have a breeding pair of dark standard cornish, but I would have to put them together to get some pure eggs from them. I bred them to barred rocks.

hi to all!

i live in latchford, ontario and im hoping to find a breeder in the temiskiming shores area ... i presently have 4 english banties, and two older black stars... i appreciate your help, thanks!

hello everyone from my family in the Rockyview District area just north of calgary. I just recently moved to a farm very close to balzac, we are very interested in raising our own chickens for both meat and eggs but are pretty much clueless. I would like to hopefully come in contact with someone or a group of folk that might be willing to help our family out in getting a small setup going. We do not want to waste time and would like to get things setup and running as soon as possible though. I would very much appreciate it if someone in the airdrie/balzac/calgary area or just the general Rockyview district, that knows what they are doing could help us speed up the process by giving us some hands on learning. This site is a great source of information, but still to someone who has never been around chickens, except at a petting zoo, it is a lot of information and a bit overwhelming. Even a point in the right direction as to who may have extra time to come see the area we have to setup a chicken coup and such give us tips as to what breeds may suit us best and the best way to setup the buildings and areas we will need to keep our chickens healthy and safe, would be more than appreciated. I am reading and trying to absorb as much information from this site as possible, but a personal touch from an older hand at raising chickens would, i am sure, help speed up the process and get us raising what we require for our family much sooner. Thank you in advance for any comments, leads or offers for help and hope to hear from lots of wonderful folk soon.

best wishes and many thanks,

khell and family

PS if i posted this request for help in the wrong spot please let me know and i will be happy to move it....tnx

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Welcome!!

Whatever questions you might have many of us here can help you without someone actaully coming to your place. Just find the correct forum and ask away. There is also a search feature at the top blue bar that you can use to search for previous posts on stuff you might be curious about.

BAsically, you dont need to overthink chickens, --they are easy to take care of. They need shelter, (that is well ventilated), it does not need to be insulated, they need a place to roost and a place to lay their eggs. and a place to scratch an peck around. Breeds for northern climates should be ones with smaller combs, so as to avoid frostbite.

For meat birds, do you want to raise cornish X or dual purpose--eggs and meat?

Anyways,that is a bit to get you started. Enjoy the forum

Back
Top Bottom